Brambles

walshie

Is there such a thing as a bramble specific weedkiller? I have a gazillion growing among all the decent flowers and bushes. Some are 10ft high. It's going to take the rest of my life to dig them up manually.

Thanks.

Rosate i think thats what its called has beaten back the brambles behind my work place and that was 2 years ago!

Trouble is rosate is glyphosate that kills everything. 'Er indoors will kill me if I kill her ferns.

Edited by walshie

Round up is systemic and will kill everything you touch use on a dry calm day hence the glove you only kill what you touch simples

Seems like good advice. If I don't post again, you;ll know it didn't work as hoped. :)

Thanks.

Would it work any better to cut back then apply to new growth??

Ir would it not matter if you slit them as you've mentioned??

No, I wouldnt bother cutting back. If you apply directly to a main stem the entire plant is doomed.

Its quite surprising how mamy plants die off following the treatment of one single stem- bramble can form new roots when fresh growth touches the soil.

I tried injecting SBK brush killer directly into the end of a fresh cut stem yesterday. Hopefully that will do the trick, as like you I've neglected the flower beds a bit and have brambles cropping up everywhere. I'll keep you updated on my success or failure if you want

I tried injecting SBK brush killer directly into the end of a fresh cut stem yesterday. Hopefully that will do the trick, as like you I've neglected the flower beds a bit and have brambles cropping up everywhere. I'll keep you updated on my success or failure if you want

That'd be good, thanks.

Might have been better applying it to something lower down closer to the root if you can get to it.