For Oldies Only - Where were you when ----

Old Boggy

Now I realise this is a bit selective and certainly non ageist, but if old enough, where were you and what were you doing when Kennedy was assassinated, as everyone of a certain age, seems to remember.

As a reminder it was 22nd November 1963.

To start this off with a shooting related response, I was reloading 12 bore cartridges using a re & decapper and bench mounted antique rolled turnover machine, with shot and powder measured, probably quite inaccurately, with used cut off paper cartridge cases. My reloads did however go bang !

All this was carried out in my parents attic room and the news was heard on my `Dansette` radio, or `wireless` as it was called then.

I`m sure that a few of you were possibly carrying out shooting related or other nefarious deeds, so let`s hear them.

OB

Now I realise this is a bit selective and certainly non ageist, but if old enough, where were you and what were you doing when Kennedy was assassinated, as everyone of a certain age, seems to remember.

As a reminder it was 22nd November 1963.

To start this off with a shooting related response, I was reloading 12 bore cartridges using a re & decapper and bench mounted antique rolled turnover machine, with shot and powder measured, probably quite inaccurately, with used cut off paper cartridge cases. My reloads did however go bang !

All this was carried out in my parents attic room and the news was heard on my `Dansette` radio, or `wireless` as it was called then.

I`m sure that a few of you were possibly carrying out shooting related or other nefarious deeds, so let`s hear them.

OB

In the Cheshire Cheese pub Wallasey.

Driving up (yes up in those days ) prince of Wales road in Norwich with my recently wed darling wife . The car being a standard vanguard .

Harnser

You mean your car had a radio ! Blimey, you were posh.

Mind you my pushbike did have a bell.

OB