zeroing my s200

mbriz

help needed please...

been zeroing my s200/.22 at 25yds and getting a good 2p grouping about 1" above the centre mark tryed adjusting the sights but doesnt seem to help?

is 25yds the best range to zero at?

by the way using a simmons 3/9 x50 with airarms field pellets

On most scopes one click is 1/4" at 100yds so at 25yds it takes 4 clicks to move 1/4". Have you moved it 16 clicks?

Some people think this is too many and are afraid of moving it this much.

Sorry if you know this already but just checking, not too sure how experienced you are.

Try and zero when rested as it will be more consistent.

Let us know how you get on.

On most scopes one click is 1/4" at 100yds so at 25yds it takes 4 clicks to move 1/4". Have you moved it 16 clicks?

Some people think this is too many and are afraid of moving it this much.

Sorry if you know this already but just checking, not too sure how experienced you are.

Try and zero when rested as it will be more consistent.

Let us know how you get on.

hi

thanks for reply didnt know about 4 clicks for 25yds will try and let you know

personally, i find 35 yds is the best distance to zero into

To be honest the P.C. answer is to zero at the distance you can be most accurate at (no point zeroing at 30yds when you can't get a 2p grouping at that distance, for the kill zone).

The favorite distances are 30yds for.22 and 35yds for .177 But this is only a guideline and everyone is different.

im same as youngairgunner, my s400 177 is zeroed at 35, seems the hold over needed on further targets is minimal, and for closer there is almost no need to alter aimpoint. im using JSB exact 4.51s in mine and they will take pigeons at 55 yrds through the noggin.

cheers

flash

personally, i find 35 yds is the best distance to zero into, but thats just me. also, if you have one, use a clamp to secure the rifle that way it is absolutely dead still so there is no human error to be made. hope that helps ya :stupid:

B&D workmate is ideal for the job with a 2" x 2ft bit of 1/8th ply or hardboard laid just under the moveable "jaws" on the metal to rest the forend on. It will go in the boot of the car easily.

:stupid: D2D

All this clamping buisness is something I was told not to do.

I was always told the best way to zero a gun was in the position you fire most shots from. Use a bean bag to support your upper body and arms if shooting standing up. This way you get it 100%

Unless your eye is in the same place everytime in relation to the scope you will get a different POI

I had this problem on Sunday when rook shooting from a cramped and confined position. :stupid:

been zeroing my s200/.22 at 25yds and getting a good 2p grouping about 1" above the centre mark tryed adjusting the sights but doesnt seem to help?

As already mentioned, the best range to zero your rifle at is what you can consistantly get tight groupings at.

But around 25-30 yrds is usually accepted to be about right as a starting point i think.

you say you've tried adjusting your sights and your grouping is 1" above the centre mark.

Do you mean that you cant move your elevation down any further? i.e "run out of clicks" ?

All this clamping buisness is something I was told not to do.

I was always told the best way to zero a gun was in the position you fire most shots from. Use a bean bag to support your upper body and arms if shooting standing up. This way you get it 100%

Unless your eye is in the same place everytime in relation to the scope you will get a different POI

:stupid: I agree with SB, the only time I would think about clamping a rifle is if I was testing differant pellet brands, ie a sample pack.

Never when zero'ing, if I had to clamp my rifle up to check my zero before every hunting trip, i'd never get any hunting done and would probably begin to doubt myself when taking shots in the field also.

Just my opinion :stupid:

Got an s200 9n .22 as well.

Mine is Zero'ed at 27yds, (back wall short range at the club). I can hit anything with the standars 40mm target ring from 0 -27yds Ok, on the long range same goes to 35 yds then I have to use hold over.

Amount of holdover is then a thing I work out from shooting on the long range to 55yds.

Trev