traveling with Gun on trains

I travelled many times on the train from Norwich to the Burney arms pub near Yarmouth . Gun In a slip dog on a lead and my backpack . Me and my mate did this for many years . Going by train was the easiest access to the halvagate marches and Breydon water . Had many a super flight on these marshes . Used to bring shot birds back in an old sack . Yes thy were the good old days .

Harnser

Just get on the train with the gun on show( but broken obviously) your cartridge belt fully loaded with carts (BB's obviously)around your waist,

If anyone challenges you just say in a very loud voice , " don't worry fine citizens of the U.K. I am a licensed gun owner , who is here to protect you from terrorist"

Doth thy tweed cap and take your seat Lol, lol, lol

Flynny

Edited by flynny

I do it all the time, especially in the City of London with armed police all over the place and have never had a problem with trains, tubes or the DLR. I've got a lovely break down case now that looks like a rucksack - It's unbranded and raises no suspicion at all. Keep it on my lap and ammo in a different bag.

Don't do it furtively or look horribly worried - Just act nonchalant and keep your hands on the straps

I do it all the time

Although on boats not trains

I follow the shipping company guidelines declaring the gun and ammunition (hazardous cargo)

Observing there protocols and never have a problem

We do have various responsibilities as firearm and shotgun owners

And in my opinion should do the correct thing

Would anyone even consider getting on a plane without the relevant documents and consent?

Why should a train be any different

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

Job done went up on the train sat next to the window gun box on the floor next to me, no one asked me what was in the box.

Makes me wonder why i was ever concerned about doing this, but in these days of counter terrorism i had visions of me being picked up on some secret detection device and innocent and law abiding as i am the fear of being jumped on and surrounded by a SWAT team was a fear. I simply did not want to have broken some new fangled law that put me in the soup forever. Stupid concerns when i think about it but who knows what could happen in these times and what technology the forces of law and order employ these days.