suggestions

Gunman

Its over 30 years since I had anything to do with air guns . I haven't owned one for close on 40 . That said I have a small garden which backs onto some open ground a lot of overgrown .Of late I have seen a couple of rats picking up bird food and I need to dispose of them .

My question is simply with so many air rifles around by makers I dont know , a few suggestions for a budget air rifle for say under £150.00 would be appreciated

Not really my subject but I believe Hatsan do a cheap one that received decent reviews. Looking around the forum it could be the 900x. Seem to be a few threads mentioning that model.

hello, plus 1 as above or a s/h HW 25/30 i have a 900X in .22 and my farmer friend shot 8 rats with 8 shots with the open sights,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Its over 30 years since I had anything to do with air guns . I haven't owned one for close on 40 . That said I have a small garden which backs onto some open ground a lot of overgrown .Of late I have seen a couple of rats picking up bird food and I need to dispose of them .

My question is simply with so many air rifles around by makers I dont know , a few suggestions for a budget air rifle for say under £150.00 would be appreciated

hello, to follow on from DMs post i bought the 900 X for £90 NEW !!!!!!!

How about a hw 99

Or a hw 30 .these are very accurate and sweet shooting having plenty of power for ratty out to 20 yds in .177 .

I love plinking with my hw 30 with a simple red on top .i can seem to hit anything no matter how small out to 15 yds even free standing .

My son and i were shooting flies off horse poo .at about 8 yds at the weekend .

Best sport i had that day .

How about a hw 99

Or a hw 30 .these are very accurate and sweet shooting having plenty of power for ratty out to 20 yds in .177 .

I love plinking with my hw 30 with a simple red on top .i can seem to hit anything no matter how small out to 15 yds even free standing .

My son and i were shooting flies off horse poo .at about 8 yds at the weekend .

Best sport i had that day .

hello, forgot about the 99 gunman might find s/h for £150 :good:

Old guns are OK if looked after. In my 20's I used to shoot 12 bore cases at 20 yards with my 1908 Lincoln Jeffries free standing with open sights . But age and eyesight has caught up with me so will probably need a low power scope as much as I dislike using them even at short range .Red Dot maybe .

Old guns are OK if looked after. In my 20's I used to shoot 12 bore cases at 20 yards with my 1908 Lincoln Jeffries free standing with open sights . But age and eyesight has caught up with me so will probably need a low power scope as much as I dislike using them even at short range .Red Dot maybe .

hello, i would suggest a hawke scope as very suitable for a springer and good warranty, mounts with a holding pin and if you do not want to damadge rifle just put some tissue in thread hole and tighten up, the 900 x has an arrestor plate. hawke do a red dot type unit but you need check if springer friendly.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

hello, lots of good advice so let us know what rifle you decide to buy, there will be more suggestions on pellet choice but it would be best to try a few different makes and types

Had a word with one of the few remaining gun shops in the area and they are going to look out for a good second hand German . He said he has had so much trouble with Turkish made airguns he no longer wants to sell them

Thanks for all your comments .