Any Mackerel

Davyo

we were fishing down at lyme regis, years a go and we caught over 500.

Obviously, it depends on how many "we" are, but at the right time for the past couple of years that would have been possible from Budleigh beach. Mentioned it elsewhere, but just in case it's the same this year, I've just knocked up a No 5 fly line and light rod as the 10' and 7 line was too easy so hopefully will have some fun.

• 4 weeks later...

So you've also fished blyth pier

That,South Sields and Roker,need a crash helmet and a stab proof vest lol.Best time to fish those Piers is early doors 5am(tide dep on tide)and get off before the clowns get out of their pits.One day two smack heads were casting 3oz weights up and down the pier trying to hit each other in between supping cans.

Edited by Davyo

sold my seahog when my wife died 13 years ago,havent had a fresh mackerel since then,,my god what tasty fish straight from the sea,gettin quite envious of you guys now.

Me and the boy take a little stove onto the pier.Dash of olive oil,fresh filleted (been out the water 10minutes) bit of olive oil both sides with salt and black pepper.Skin side down in a hot pan 2 mins,flip it over for another 2 mins,done.

Slow up here 19 my biggest bag this year,only about 30 caught in total so far.

Water is not really clear enough due to choppy seas every few days.Hopefully August might see a peak.

Ps 'if you ain't Gona eat em or freeze them for bait,don't over catch them.

Edited by Davyo

Last night's Mackerel,only took spinning rod and sooner.Five in total just caught enough for dinner today.

Will rub them in Olive and sea salt and black pepper.Fried in hit oil,two minutes either side and placed on toasted Oliver bread with broad leave salad and beetroot.

post-30855-0-18361900-1501410895_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-23368500-1501414208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo