Fire

bullet1747

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on the radio that the building inspection that used to be done by the local councils has to a large degree been farmed out to privet companies and a lot of it is now self regulated by the big building companies.

what the hell is going on with this country they cut the armed police they cut the police they cut the customs and immigration staff they shut down all of the council old peoples homes everything gets privatized so that profit can be made by a well off few while the country goes down the plug hole.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Just watched a reporter on the BBC shoving the sound boom in someone's face repeatedly asking the same question till the women started to cry

Not good at all no compassion at all

I think it was Mark Easton (sp?), it was awful to watch, but it's a tactic these gutter-level journalists use more and more.

I heard on the radio that the building inspection that used to be done by the local councils has to a large degree been farmed out to privet companies and a lot of it is now self regulated by the big building companies.

what the hell is going on with this country they cut the armed police they cut the police they cut the customs and immigration staff they shut down all of the council old peoples homes everything gets privatized so that profit can be made by a well off few while the country goes down the plug hole.

To be fair, it has always been known that these blocks were death traps since they were built in the 70s, I don't think anything has changed that has increased the risk in recent times. They were built on the cheap.

The thing that I cannot understand is how/why they would clad a building with plastic you can see it melting and falling down I have never seen a fire like that before the whole outside just went up in flames add to that upvc window frames they banned polystyrene tiles for this very reason.

The pore people inside did not stand a chance it reminded me of the twin towers in America.

Plastic insulation in a void that super charges fire to burn hotter than normal,madness.Its reported that highrise buildings using this system have burnt down in the UAE and other places,so the imformation is out there

Need to be some changes made to this practice,but they had apparently followed building regulations,but then scotland wales have higher standards and this wouldnt have happened.

It seems funny to me that they can spend 10m refurbishing these flats but not put sprinkler systems in something that they have to do in new buildings strange.

10m so all the rich folks no longer have to look at an eye sore,rather than spend the money on a sprinkler and alarm system !

'Need to be some changes made to this practice,but they had apparently followed building regulations,but then scotland wales have higher standards and this wouldnt have happened.'

​Pretty reckless statement don't you think :rolleyes: Scottish Building Reg's differ in relation to thermal insulation properties, as its colder up there……. Care to point out where the fire Reg's differ?????

Plastic insulation in a void that super charges fire to burn hotter than normal,madness.Its reported that highrise buildings using this system have burnt down in the UAE and other places,so the imformation is out there

Need to be some changes made to this practice,but they had apparently followed building regulations,but then scotland wales have higher standards and this wouldnt have happened.

10m so all the rich folks no longer have to look at an eye sore,rather than spend the money on a sprinkler and alarm system !

They were saying on the radio that its virtually impossible to retro fit a sprinkler system into those flats. The fault is in the original design, they were built on the cheap. Its not that it hasn't been looked at many times.

Also these flats are subject to lots of mindless vandalism and people set off sprinklers for "a laugh" causing thousands of pounds worth of flooding.

The real truth is unpalatable, these flats are an unwanted legacy from the 70s a past age when housing was seen differently, even then people were concerned about the fire risk, the councils are now stuck with them.

Today they are a dumping ground for people they don't really know what else to do with. OK I totally agree that its not PC to say it like that, but its the hard truth in the real world of 2017

Edited by Vince Green

I heard yesterday about the fridge being a possible cause, can't believe tho that someone would pack there stuff before raising the alarm??

The man in the flat above where the fire started was on TV and said they went downstairs to try to put it out but couldnt, I'm sure he mentioned the guy packing some.of his belongings before leaving but didn't mention a fridge although I have heard it mentioned elsewhere. sky news mentioned 400 unaccounted for and lilly Allen gave an interview to the beeb stating unofficial figures being bandied about suggest 150 missing, the interview was immediately cut short and sky haven't repeated their number again. The truth will come out in a few months and 17 confirmed dead is just the number they have found, that building must have been a gigantic incinerator internally. Apparently the tory council leader responsible is now saying that the residents refused the offer of sprinklers at a meeting whereas everyone else says they were never offered. Whatever the truth is the body count is going to massively higher than is being broadcast and we will.now see a 5 year long enquiry where pass the buck is played by all responsible for this tragedy