Amazon are going to sell new cars

Harnser

You would go to a main agent and claim warranty work .

Harnser

That's the same main agent that Amazon are driving out of business by undercutting them?

That's going to work really well, can't forsee any problems there.

People who bought new vans from Vans Direct in the past have encountered a negative attitude from main agents, I can't see why amazon customers would be any different

Edited by Vince Green

Any VAT registered garage will be more than happy to do any warranty work.Doesnt have to be the main dealer,remember that most main dealers repair/sevice departments are franchised anyway.Phone a few Jennings Ford garages and you will see the difference in service charges.

I get my cars serviced at main agents but rarely the one the I bought the car from. Never had any problems. Don't see why buying a car from Amazon will be any different. The profit margin on servicing must be huge at £160/hour that Land Rover charge anyway.

The manufacturer couldn't give a hoot about who sells their cars as long as they get their price.Be it Amazon,or a Franchise like Evens Halshaw,Jennings,or any one of the other middle men a warranty in new cars is covered by the manufacturer not the franchise.

Any VAT registered garage will be more than happy to do any warranty work.Doesnt have to be the main dealer,remember that most main dealers repair/sevice departments are franchised anyway.Phone a few Jennings Ford garages and you will see the difference in service charges.

You're confusing servicing and warranty.

Any vat registered garage can do the servicing, only a main dealer can do warranty work.

You're confusing servicing and warranty.

Any vat registered garage can do the servicing, only a main dealer can do warranty work.

Can't confirm that with new cars as Wife has never had issues with her Ford's.But my cars (nearly new) have gone anywhere that will take the car in for warranty work and never been a problem or a wait.

Just read the Ford Warranty on Susan's new Ford.It can go to any Ford Dealer.So it can go to Ford Bristol Street Motors who actually service her car and not where she bought it Jennings if she wanted warranty work carried out.So any Ford garage that is VAT registered.So buying cars off Amazon won't be an issue when it comes to warranty.Like the warranty says it can go to ANY authorised dealers and just about every Francise dealer has branches that sell every Manufactures cars.My 2nd hand car can go anywhere under it's 2yr warranty as long as VAT reg.

I've not seen a link so I'd assumed it would be new vehicles Amazon would be selling.

Just read the Ford Warranty on Susan's new Ford.It can go to any Ford Dealer.So it can go to Ford Bristol Street Motors who actually service her car and not where she bought it Jennings if she wanted warranty work carried out.So any Ford garage that is VAT registered.So buying cars off Amazon won't be an issue when it comes to warranty.Like the warranty says it can go to ANY authorised dealers and just about every Francise dealer has branches that sell every Manufactures cars.My 2nd hand car can go anywhere under it's 2yr warranty as long as VAT reg.

So, any Ford main dealer, as I said they're obliged to with new vehicles.

It's the non warranty "goodwill" work you MAY have issues with when you buy a new car somewhere else.

Used vehicles are different, any manufacturers extended warranty and they still need to go back to a main dealer.

Third party warranties, the type sold by general car dealers can be dealt with at any vat registered repairer.

Technically there's no such thing as a used car warranty, it's mechanical breakdown insurance, can be big differences in what's covered.

I have always found warranties to be spot on.I bought a 60 plate c3 picasso (private) as a second car (fishing bus) last October and bought a warranty from Warranty Direct (had before and it's no hassle claiming).Electric steering rack went a few month after I bought it.Took it into Evans Halshaw (closest)for warranty work (£1100).They didn't even need to used my warranty.They checked with Citreon as its known issue (not to me) and it was whisked off to a Citreon Dealer and all costs covered by the Manufacture (car was off the road 2days).My advise with Amazon is ask to see what back up services they have.Id certainly check them out if I where in the market for a new car.The big franchises don't need to worry unless Amazon get it right with a customer care package after the initial purchase.Im sure they will have done their homework and already have the warranty/after care side of things sorted.

Edited by Davyo