What Does Yours Play With?

wymberley

I take it you have a gun dog who treats his toys with a little respect?

My Lakeland Terrier is a nightmare, I bought him a £7 pheasant the other day, as it seemed to be a bit better suited to his aggressive nature.

Nope! The sqeaker and the fluff were all over the house within 10 mins. all of his toys look like bloody road kill. :no:

This was said pheasant. half hour unsupervised.

image1.png[/url]

Edited by evolution380

That dog is a beauty! :yes:

Thank you. As with any spaniel she has her moments, some good, some bad, some just plain wrong but she hits cover at 100 miles an hour and works extremely hard for me, beating at least 35 days plus 20 ish days on my syndicates.

I lost my other 2 dogs in Jan and Feb this year so she has had to step up. New puppy coming in about 5 weeks that should wind her up a bit.

We have a rocking toy with a rounded weighted base that I fill with cat biscuits that the dogs love.

It gets bounced about all over the place to get the biscuits to drop out of the hole in the base. Good job its tough plastic as it gets picked up and carried about and dropped regularly.

Given up on the soft toys as they just get shredded.

• 2 weeks later...

Its nice to see gundogs with toys, something I've learnt since working for A1 that a lot of people really frown on gundogs having toys/ or balls, or anything fun, as it will ruin them. I've heard it hundreds of times now at shows when chatting to customers - i was shocked.

Our working lab has a entire toy box to herself and we take a ball every so often on a walk, she loves it and we do 'fun' training with them too if she gets bored of dummies. Never has it affected her working performance, she knows work time and play time.

Sorry, had to add a comment hope it isn't minded.

Aimee @ A1

Edited by A1Decoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...