Sky broadband shield !

Me matt

Well- thanks alot Sky, get home today to discover in their infinite wisdom - sky have impossed the "sky broadband shield" to my account 😡 attempts to follow said instructions to turn it off are futile and fictitious, even sky chat forums ate full of folk that didn't want it and cant turn it off...... attempted to call them - "experiencing a high call volume, call back later" 😠😠😠 anyone else come across this?

Anyone here work for that rabble?

Edited by Me matt

Big brother....

not having Sky but having plusnet where there is also a 'content control feature' and I had to do was untick a box under the account preferences.

Sky query comes back with below, which I assume are the fictitious you refer to....

How do I switch off Sky Broadband Shield ?

Although we don’t recommend it, you can switch Sky Broadband Shield off at any time.

However, we recommend changing the setting to age rating 18, which allows you access to sites suitable for adults while still being protected from malware-infected or phishing websites.

1. Sign in to broadbandshield.sky.com
  2. Login with your Sky iD. IScroll down the page and select Switch off.

When you switch Sky Broadband Shield off, it may take around 15 minutes to be able view previously blocked websites.

Below might be more useful

Log in to my sky page will load look all the way down to at the bottom you will have broadband shield box and Mcfee box click on broadband shield let it load there will be a msg with sky broadband shield is ON/OFF there be a recommendation to switch it on are in your case you want it off the blue highlighted box a bit down click on it to switch it off u be prompted to do you really want to do this you say yes switch off go back to my sky come out wait 10mins then switch off your router 4. 1min then back on come back into my sky do the above again it tho be saying your broadband shield is off..... Also a recommend uninstalling mcfee its rubbish get avast security free version its mint

Edited by Stonepark

If I want to change the settings I will, not anyone else...

Thats what really annoyed me- didnt even get an email telling me it was going to happen 😠 skys gonna get the elbow over this......... That is when I find enough time to sit on holding waiting for the ******* to answer the phone 😩

Easier way just point the DNS entry on your device to Google's public DNS server at this IP address 8.8.8.8

Job done you'll bypass the sky broadband shield and will be faster too.

You might as well be speaking Bengali 😂 but ill show Mrs Matt what you ssid later and she'll make it all better lol

Mine wasn't switched on automatically but I decided to switch it on via my account online. Bliss....since I've done that no phone calls from scammers pretending to be from talktalk....which we used to get about 3 times a day.

After a few months I'll turn it off and see if the scammers have given up

Thats what really annoyed me- didnt even get an email telling me it was going to happen 😠 skys gonna get the elbow over this......... That is when I find enough time to sit on holding waiting for the ******* to answer the phone 😩

You might as well be speaking Bengali 😂 but ill show Mrs Matt what you ssid later and she'll make it all better lol

Ha ha I love it, I do it all the time, come here please wife and check this, is it working now? Ta love.