stock refurbing

viking

rite, iv decided to use my miroku 7000 TR-1 from now on as i shoot well with it and like shooting it,

the wood work it tatty and boring, im sure the scratches can be sorted out and it can be re finished easily enough,

my question is, can the stock be made to look a little prettier??

i saw a program the other day and there was an old shotgun on it and the bloke said that the tiger stripes were done by wrapping burning rope around it,

and i did read somewhere about a beretta semi auto that appeared to have a very well figured stock it it was dye in the wood of something strange like that, any ideas guys, and who on here can do such things.

thanks.

lee

post-9513-0-03809400-1497803964_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-79685600-1497803972_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-57132400-1497804017_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-76099300-1497804025_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-56479700-1497804048_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-29608000-1497804062_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i do much prefer an oil finished stock...and i bet that would look nice.......there are some very talanted people on here that would give you the advice you need...this is not a strip and dip lashings of oil jobby....to end up with something really nice it might take a couple of weeks..............

Edited by ditchman

yes im guessing it wont ever be great, but i guess a nice little freshen up will be nice :good::good:

is it some thing i could do myself, i feel i might as well try as if i have to pay to have it done anyway then it doesnt matter if i mess it up,

id need to find a good detailed account of how its done though and what materials id need to find/order.

thanks.

lee

i feel like i want to go start it now :lol::lol::lol:

Take stock off action, mask metal on forend Strip laquer with nitromors.

Get a refinishing kit and follow detailed instructions. You could just use rapid oil but a propper kit will have red root oil which will work better in bringing out the figure in the wood.

get a text off the bloke who was doing my stock today to say it was done, and got a picture, now it was never a greatly exciting stock so i wasnt expecting much, and i wasnt disappointed :lol::lol::lol: kidding, it looks loads better, might get it back tomorrow or the day after and will put it back together and re photo :good::good::good::good:

post-9513-0-50367000-1498493089_thumb.jpg