stock refurbing

viking

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i asked for a hand rubbed oil finish, he did originally say it would take 2 week, now whether that was the amount of time it would/should take or he may of been bust i dont know,

i remember when he did my old stock i told him about pigeon watch and i think he joined, if you look at some of his work on his facebook page some of his stuff look amazing, think its JWS stocks, im sure when i get it back ill be pleased with it, looks a lot better than it did :good::good:

post-9513-0-12650100-1498501019_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-48440200-1498501027_thumb.jpg

not awful or being a *****, iv no idea till i see it in the flesh, then ill probably still have no idea :lol:

and i dont understand the process they go through, i will of cause take some more pictures when it comes and post them, maybe its just a poor picture,

and im thinking that im not overly bothered really as its better than it was, and it only cost £100, dont know if thats a lot or cheap :hmm:

He put the same picture on FB earlier. :yes:

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Its a good price Imo and it looks loads better than it did. I am on mobile so pic ain't big but it looks good to me

well on first impression on photo alone, im happy with it, its only a 1980 miroku, not a grade 5 :good::good:

not awful or being a *****, iv no idea till i see it in the flesh, then ill probably still have no idea :lol:

and i dont understand the process they go through, i will of cause take some more pictures when it comes and post them, maybe its just a poor picture,

and im thinking that im not overly bothered really as its better than it was, and it only cost £100, dont know if thats a lot or cheap :hmm:

Well just see it when it's done and if your happy then that's all that matters. I'm just obsessive about wood and bringing out the best in the grain so that's why I'm a bit critical!

PS.

you awful ***** :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I knew it!!! Hahaha

Seven to ten days, it took me that long to strip sand de whisker and seal the grain on the few stocks I've done. On the 68 series stock I keep I spent a month hand rubbing the finish every day untill near the end of the month it took a couple of days in the airing cupboard to dry enough for more coats. Then let it harden for a month before rubbing it with rotten stone and buffing the living hell out of it. The other two stocks got a week to a fortnights worth and looked great just not the same depth as I wanted on one. I had a lot of help with advice and finish from Sage100 after he offered his help to anyone who would like to have a go.

Viking your stock looks to be showing more of the grain than it did as that's what you wanted and you seem happy with it. We all tend to like different colour wood and finishes and sheens.

I'll have a look at jws stocks.