Lessons

Weavers

I have just received my shotgun cert and have been advised to try a few different guns prior to buying one. I would like to spend around £750 on my first gun maybe a bit more if I need to.

Does anyone know a club that would provide lessons with a few different guns. I have been looking at guns and think that either a Beretta 686 or a Browning 425 or 525 with 29" or 30" barrels. I want to shoot clay mainly but would also like to go out with friends rough shooting. I am in the South Wales area.

I have just received my shotgun cert and have been advised to try a few different guns prior to buying one. I would like to spend around £750 on my first gun maybe a bit more if I need to.

Does anyone know a club that would provide lessons with a few different guns. I have been looking at guns and think that either a Beretta 686 or a Browning 425 or 525 with 29" or 30" barrels. I want to shoot clay mainly but would also like to go out with friends rough shooting. I am in the South Wales area.

hello, well done on your cert, both guns are very well made best try both and buy the one that you like and fits well, i looked at quite a few in the gun shop and the 525 fitted perfect with no need to alter stock. quite a few PW members in south wales so should get some good info on gun shops where you can try or clay pigeon shoots that are RFDs good luck

Try a few at the clay shoots mate,guns that FIT in the shop rarely do fit..

Ask the blokes on here..They have almost racks of guns,but usualy they only take one or two out in a year..Fit is a very hard thing to FIND in gun shop straight out the rack..

Choose WISELY AFTER You have shot a few,,most shoots have obliging sorts and will let you have a go..

Unless he is a top shooter,,lol..

If you shoot well with a certain length of and type of gun,Think about tomorrow,,Can it be made to fit,,?. Etc..

Good luck anyway what ever you decide..

Certainly at least one session with someone who knows what they are talking about, can iron out any likely bad habits before you get them. Miney well spent if you are absolutely new to shooting.

Yes, try before you buy if you can. I'm sure there are a few on here in your area who can point you in the right direction.

Just remember a more expensive gun is not going to make you shoot any better.... initially .... so something serviceable with a few scratches which feels right and shoots right for a start is a good idea and I know of a few very good shooters who have a favourite of such which still gets an airing.

Edited by Walker570

Whatever you buy at this stage is to a degree academic. Until you have a consistent gunmount and have settled into a style within reason a close enough fit will suffice. Also it is an absolute fact that within a year you will join us all in the quest for gun Holley grail and you will help to keep your local rfd in business by chopping and changing, its the way it goes ...for most 😁

Whatever you buy at this stage is to a degree academic. Until you have a consistent gunmount and have settled into a style within reason a close enough fit will suffice. Also it is an absolute fact that within a year you will join us all in the quest for gun Holley grail and you will help to keep your local rfd in business by chopping and changing, its the way it goes ...for most

+1 :lol::lol::lol: another cabinet to fill :good:

+1 :lol::lol::lol: another cabinet to fill :good:

Mine is full to busting, bought a Beretta semi auto yesterday so that's four shotgun three rifle in there. And I still haven't settled on a gun that doesn't miss even after nearly fourty years of trying 😁

Mine is full to busting, bought a Beretta semi auto yesterday so that's four shotgun three rifle in there. And I still haven't settled on a gun that doesn't miss even after nearly fourty years of trying

Think i just found the one for me, Franchi raptor 712, till the next one :lol:

My advice go to a decent gun shop, with someone that has shot for years, iron out the basics ie 12 bore, over under, ejector - the shop should then present you with a few options, try them all, pick the one that fits you. Doesn't have to cost the world, give the shop your budget and pick the best fitting gun you can find.