Beretta 682 Gold Sporter 12 gauge

I've a 682 gold e I bought in 2007, with 32" barrels, and I've found that it handles like a dream. To be fair, I'm built like a 70's Volvo, but yesterday my 32" Beretta was used by me, my pal claire, who's built like a stick insect, a couple of new shooters, and at other times by smaller teenagers, slight ladies etc.

The barrels are long, but the balance is superb, and the gun is easy to handle for most people.

Few years ago now I bought a nice stock off a lad that came off a early 682 that I refinished and fitted to a new Gold E I had as it was very nice bit of wood and much nicer than what came on my new gun. I kept it after selling the Gold E and have fitted it to a 1990's 687 Silver Pigeon IV with 30" fixed choke barrels and even though I bought for my son to use I can't help getting it out myself. Just something about the older Berettas I like.

You will be glad you kept the 682 gold in future as prices will remain steady on the up, while the ones who had one and sold would like another one.

• 1 month later...