Recommend me a 12v fridge...

mad1

Hi all...I'm looking at getting a 12v fridge to be used in the back of the 110...its not going to be used all year round so can't justify spending a fortune on one.just wanting to know if the ones from halfrauds etc are any good

Thanks

M1

I have a Halfords one. It can be used in the car (12V cigar lighter) or home (AC mains) and is VERY useful at home when some extra capacity is needed - or for use outside when summer party time to keep things cool. Been very good, and though not cheap, the additional use makes it much more versative. On 12V alone they are quite slow to cool down from start, so plug in at home for a few hours before putting in the car. Mine also has wheels and a handle a bit like a big suitcase that makes moving it when laden easy.

Mine is like this http://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure/camping/coolboxes/halfords-40-litre-mains-and-12v-24v-electric-coolbox

Edited by JohnfromUK

I use the Aldi 1 ,takes a few hours to cool but once chilled down is very very good,built in mains and 12v plugs.Just chill down the day before at home then take it wherever ,its been on for 3 weeks in our caravan awning without issue .For £29 quid it was a bargin ,theyve gone up to £39 now but are worth it atb

Edited by clakk

Waeco one's are great. I have a large gas, 240/12v one that's lasted years and recently got a Waeco Mobicool TC-25 for about £65 quid that did us well for the PW weekend. As long as everything starts cold it's got the guts to keep it that way.

I have a twin battery with a lesure battery as a second set up in truck and second battery is also topped up with a solar panel so I could isolate the cranking battery if need be ? ...thanks everyone

M1

Its easy to do, just look up split charge relay on t'internet and all you will need is available from a company called surprisingly enough vehicle wiring products.