air rifle targets, really nail gun blanks.

gemini52

Just having a look on ebay for some paper targets,suprise to find some guy selling nail gun cartriges discribing them as extra loud air rifle targets,if they are the same as the ones i came across a few years back on a site,i saw a plumber pick one up off the floor,the guy dicides to hit the thing with his hammer,it goes off with one hell of bang,a piece of the exploding brass embedded itself in his chin,needless to say he didnt do that again :innocent:

Used to do it regular as a youth until I hit one with a angled wheel brace and all the burnt powder came straight at my face and eyes,was lucky not to be blinded. Never messed around with them again.

When I was an apprentice working on a new construction of a huge factory building,the welder was welding a eight inch pipe bend on a pipe and one of the labourers dropped a few hilti cartridges in the bend. When the welder turned the pipe and started welding again the carts went off shooting out of the bend hit a sheeter on a ladder in the back,he fell off his ladder and nearly strangled the poor welder.

Why anyone would risk shooting them is beyond me, you could be turning a sir rifle pellet into a full on rifle round if it hits it right on. Dangerous

• 4 months later...
On 26/06/2017 at 00:04, 39TDS said:

As a kid i would pinch my dad's 22 rounds and shoot them with my air rifle.

No idea where they went.

I done that with one of my dads12 bore cartridge. Used tape to keep it on.Took the front sights off my smk b45-3. Also found a box of .22rf. Knew they were rim fire so put them in a pair of pliers and in my brain wave thought I could aim it and smack it with a hammer. Took about 10 shots to realise that was a **** idea.

Rural west Wales.  We were dodgy kids :no: 

From what I recall too was not much bang with the 12 bore cartridge. Still outright dangerous and would of been the leather belt on the *** had he known 

Edited by strimmer_13
I ment 1 12bore cartridge

• 4 weeks later...