Got a Ten.......err

impala59

To add to my growing Ithaca collection, I now have a 10g Ithaca Flues (I believe) circa 1911, it is a massive lump of a gun 28" 1/4 and 3/4 chokes and has a nice tight lock-up. It needs a little cosmetic work but I'm looking forward to doing that. It is not a high grade gun (field grade) but it certainly has character! Quite where I shall use it I am not sure yet, but I've no doubt it will be fun anyway!

post-75958-0-21627200-1497895896_thumb.jpg

post-75958-0-42303100-1497895898_thumb.jpg

Edit .....just found my weighing scale..........11lb 8oz!

Edited by impala59

To add to my growing Ithaca collection, I now have a 10g Ithaca Flues (I believe) circa 1911, it is a massive lump of a gun 28" 1/4 and 3/4 chokes and has a nice tight lock-up. It needs a little cosmetic work but I'm looking forward to doing that. It is not a high grade gun (field grade) but it certainly has character! Quite where I shall use it I am not sure yet, but I've no doubt it will be fun anyway!

attachicon.gif10g F (7).JPG

attachicon.gif10g F (8).JPG

Edit .....just found my weighing scale..........11lb 8oz!

Best get down the gym.

To add to my growing Ithaca collection, I now have a 10g Ithaca Flues (I believe) circa 1911

Very nice. Make sure you feed it a couple of ounces of something big. :)

The reason I know something about this model is because it was one of the first mass production 28 gauge guns created in the US - probably the second, after the Harrington & Richardson 1909 "Pardner" model.

I mention it only because I have the first production run down as 1912, in case that's useful for dating it. I can't however tell you whether the model itself was released to the public that year, or just the 28 gauge version - sorry!

Edited by neutron619

The Flues and NIG Double (and Single) guns ran from 1908 until 1926 (W C Snyder, Ithaca Gun Co Historian) my serial number puts it firmly in 1911. However I await further info from the Ithaca Forum and will update as and when, hopefully without egg on my face!!

The Flues and NIG Double (and Single) guns ran from 1908 until 1926 (W C Snyder, Ithaca Gun Co Historian) my serial number puts it firmly in 1911. However I await further info from the Ithaca Forum and will update as and when, hopefully without egg on my face!!

Thank you. That's useful information that I can use. Good luck finding out more about it.