Bought a nice toy

buze

My wife needed a new car, and I needed a toy. Here it is. 1999 Z3, 60k miles, 2,8 engine (straight 6) all the gizmos you can think of; new brakes, new soft top etc etc...

I saw guy coming in with one of these recently at the shooting club, and when he told me the price they were going for, I went straight into 'must get one' mode ;-)

_1010546.jpg

_1010551.jpg

Thanks guys, definitely puts a big grin on one's face hearing that engine growl. Torque is incredible, earlier I was tailgated in a 30 zone by some sort of small audi, as soon as I passed the 'no' limit sign, dropped to second and slammed it. Was at 60 in no time (in second!) with a nice engine roaring happily and a very little audi in the mirror :-)

Car came out with a lot of option -- bar AC ! -- and an Alpine audio system with bluetooth, MP3 etc. I paid £4k for the car, £460 insurance and ~£230 road tax.

I know it needs servicing, and I know it needs a few bits and bobs done to it, but I expected that anyway, however the good thing is that everything is 'known' on these cars, parts are not 'rare' either, so it's not a problem maintaining one...

Thanks guys, definitely puts a big grin on one's face hearing that engine growl. Torque is incredible, earlier I was tailgated in a 30 zone by some sort of small audi, as soon as I passed the 'no' limit sign, dropped to second and slammed it. Was at 60 in no time (in second!) with a nice engine roaring happily and a very little audi in the mirror :-)

Car came out with a lot of option -- bar AC ! -- and an Alpine audio system with bluetooth, MP3 etc. I paid £4k for the car, £460 insurance and ~£230 road tax.

I know it needs servicing, and I know it needs a few bits and bobs done to it, but I expected that anyway, however the good thing is that everything is 'known' on these cars, parts are not 'rare' either, so it's not a problem maintaining one...

Not an RS3 then?

Where do you put the bag of decoys ?

No , joking apart, looking carefully you can find some very nice low mileage cars at a fraction of the price of new. I found a 4x4 Jag X type estate, it had only done 2000miles in the last year and looked like it had never been used. Full service history by a caring local village garage, with little notations in the side column, such as, "we will check this or that, next time in, OK for now". Same as my own garage.

Nice one, enjoy.

My wife needed a new car, and I needed a toy. Here it is. 1999 Z3, 60k miles, 2,8 engine (straight 6) all the gizmos you can think of; new brakes, new soft top etc etc...

I saw guy coming in with one of these recently at the shooting club, and when he told me the price they were going for, I went straight into 'must get one' mode ;-)

_1010546.jpg

_1010551.jpg

Very nice Michel

You can let me have a drive the next time we meet at AGL or West London

Kevin

Drive you steady bo (as we say in Norfolk ) in the wet they are a right handful , so much poke for a very light car, great fun car

This one has LSD and traction control, so it /should/ be fine, as long as she doesn't try to slam it when getting out of a roundabout ;-)

Not sure that'll work so well with your lovely blond perm, darling. Beside, I don't accept blow jobs from strangers, how so forward of you.

Joking apart my mate has got one on V reg plate, he's had it about 14yrs, nothing has gone wrong with it mechanically, he has had the body work touched up here and there.

My wife has an Audi TT roadster which I borrowed as my defender was in the garage having a new radiator the other week, I got called a poof at the traffic lights by some guys going the other way in a transit !!!

and oh I have never been fussy!

Very nice - she lets you drive her car sometimes then. :)

Of course, I paid for it, I clean it, I make sure it doesn't leak, I also check and replace the tires and that sort of things -- however, it's HER car, you know what I mean :-)

Joking apart my mate has got one on V reg plate, he's had it about 14yrs, nothing has gone wrong with it mechanically, he has had the body work touched up here and there.

My wife has an Audi TT roadster which I borrowed as my defender was in the garage having a new radiator the other week, I got called a poof at the traffic lights by some guys going the other way in a transit !!!

and oh I have never been fussy!

Quite frankly, I will take ANY flack when I hear the noise of the straight 6 start to sing at about 3500rpm. That will NEVER fail to put a nice grin on my face, i feel like a 20something dork with a fiesta sometime when I rev the engine in a tunnel, and sod off whomever think it's a girly ride :-)

It's impractical, it's inconvenient, it's loud, and it's pretty in a way you just can *really* put your finger on; it feels like pretty much exactly like a nice side-by side! :-)