Pup food

hatsanmad

Hi guys been feeding my lab pup on alpha sporting puppy but im not 100% happy with it as it seems it doesnt agree with her. She has extremely bad wind to the extent that you feel you have to leave the house and from time to time she is rather loose. Now i am considering introducing either arden grange, James well beloved or wainrights.

And im wondering who feeds which of the above? And whats your thoughts on the food and most importantly how are your dogs/pups doing on which food?

Regards hatsan

Can't find a site I was looking at last year that reviewed dog food on the ingredients. Some of the top brands at £60 a back where truly dreadful.

Beet pulp is often in them , its basic pig feed.

Wouldn't trust any dried food , if you want a wheat based food then feed pasta mixed with a good minced raw meat.

You can look at the reviews for lots of brands on https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/ ... My young lab old was fed a 50:50 raw and kibble by the breeder, slower moved her on to raw pup food from Natural Instinct, she has been excellent on it. My 2 1/2 year old lab would often be loose on various kibble so decided to try raw from NI so both dogs are raw feed, he has been on it about 9 months now and his stomach problems have gone. Less poo with hardly any smell so I'm a raw convert.

Edited by Rascal

My 12 week old Spanador is being fed Wagg Puppy Chicken & Veg and so far doing very well.

Vet is very complimentary about her steady weight gain and growth, condition etc etc.

From our point of view at home, she has 3x meals a day and 3x bowel movements, nice and firm, not too smelly.

And its £9.00 a bag = £8.10 with my wife Morrisons staff card :good:

When we got her she was on Beta Puppy Chicken & Veg that was £40+ a bag everywhere we looked and when you compare the ingredients list, was the same.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Having tried many brands due to little miss fussy breeches we have found Arden grange hypo allergenic to be the one she favours. Output is a good solidity and wind output is minimal. Her coat is fabulous.

Hope that helps.

Ps

I find amazon to be the cheapest place to purchase

Ps

My bitch is not a pup though she is three and been on AG for about twelve months.

Edited by ips