Technical question, tuning

ditchman

Let us know what it shoots like when it's ran in. Mine were pellet on pellet more akin to shooting a PCP than a springer.

i will...........Whitebridges sent me a whole load of different pellets...and im just waiting for some H&N's to come in then im off for a session............ive mic'd upa few so ive sorted them out to head size...and will take it from there.......... :good:

TBH , with your barrel/breach having been machined off centre I would imagine that the whole shebang is out of line with the cylinder? As your scope is going to curl it's toes around the cylinder I'm guessing that , once zeroed, the pellets will strike slightly one side or the other at anything other than the zeroed range - the further from point zero the greater the drift?

TBH , with your barrel/breach having been machined off centre I would imagine that the whole shebang is out of line with the cylinder? As your scope is going to curl it's toes around the cylinder I'm guessing that , once zeroed, the pellets will strike slightly one side or the other at anything other than the zeroed range - the further from point zero the greater the drift?

you are right in what you say...and i have identified this problem.....it shoots spot on ...no deviation left or right...BUT... the deviation is up and down.....it shoots low...( a common fault with break barrels)...to this end i have shimes the rear ofthe scope mounts...............

when i have found a decent pellet and it is printing where i want...i will address the issue of making the barrell paralell.....when closed between the breech and the pressure chamber ...there is a 12-14thou gap....what i will do is to get some fine emery strip and bit by bit rub down in situ the pin beneath the detante lock...which will bring the barrel up ...and finally level/parrellel with the pressure /spring chamber.............................if i screw it up ..it is not a problem ..as the new pin is only £2.50.....

anyway ...that is my plan of action...it will be the last thing i do tho'

:good:

My murcury piston has always been tight fit it still is even after 30 years use as for Cork screw try a heavier pellet mine shoots Bisley magnums fine

among the pellets i have got for testing are some Bisley magnums...and so far they seem to have the largest head size... :good:

The old Eley Wasp in the blue tin at 5.6mm were good. New ones are rubbish.

agree...fine for the 22 i have 177 tho.....but whitebridges sent me some repro's from a long while ago.....still a bit small on just a tad over 4.5.....the bisley mags are averaging ..(to 2 decimal places)...4.52............

Have you managed to do any testing Ditchy? Just wondered if you've found the right ammo?

no i havnt............ive just got a couple of more things to do...put a new TV ariel up and clean the chimney....then i can free up some time before i start onthe landrover.. :good: