Evans Halshaw missleading

Davyo

Top and bottom of it is,gave my mate a lift through to Evans Halshaw to get a Dacia Stepway on PCP.

It was advertised on their website (he showed me on his phone) as Dacia Stepway 1.5 tdi,£143 deposit and £144 a month @ 48 month.Perfect for him as he only does about 3/4 k a year.However even though he had an appointment to view said vehicle,it appears the deal does not exist.Showed the salesman the webpage to no avail.They tried to get him onto a £175 dep and £175 per month.We left after letting his feeling known.

I checked the advert and the only disclaimer is in relation to the picture 're may not be same spec'.However the PCP deal should be correct.

So we heads off to Stoneacre Suzuki as they had a (don't laugh) New Ignis zs3 with nil deposit and £139 per month.The deal was as it was and honoured.What a funky little car,tiny on the outside but felt spacious on the inside.The old *** didn't stop smiling when he drove the demo.Taking him back up on Friday to collect his little funky motor.Im going to buy him a basball cap tomorrow and have 4yrs of taking the mick lol.

Aaaah, the lovely Evans Halshaw--- not

Have twice made enquiries over a used vehicle they had on their forecourts.

Both times I have writhing a min realised my mistake in asking- such a convoluted and confusing way of conducting a sale.

I believed it's the adage of 'BS baffles'

All I wanted to know was if they would discount for no part ex on one vehicle and on the other site, what the part ex value was.

With the answers received I left--- wife would have not spoken to me anyway - vehicle was a Subaru Impreza WRX, not her sort of car at all.....

We bought a car from Evans Halshaw last month so can comment a little. We went to look at an outlander as they had 3 on their website. One was in prep one on the forecourt and no sign of the other.

We liked the 10k miles ex mobility one on the forecourt so asked for a part ex valuation on the other halfs rav 4 while we test drove. Salesman pleasant not too pushy wanted to sell their warranty plans etc but not over the top. Got back and the part ex valuation had been done, bearing in mind the car was due a service, needed two new tyres and had a bit of wear and tear it was top of the we buy any car valuation.

£500 more than Toyota were going to give and 2.6k more than a dodgy independent where we looked at another rav.

That sealed the deal and we walked away with a fair priced outlander with a good trade in on the rav. Overall pretty happy, as ever you have to ignore the extras but that's half the fun. Paying cash and not taking the extras is the salesmans worst type of customer but hey ho.

We would use them again if they had the right car at the right price

Edited by al4x

I too recently bought a car from evans halshaw ,i was happy with the deal as it was the cheapest car of its type and mileage i could find

But when i asked for discount i was told they do not discount cars as they have a team of people who compare prices of similar cars for sale and adjust evans halshaw prices to undercut them .he did say if i found another with similar age and mileage within seven days they would refund the difference

If you see another great deal on the website you can reserve the car with no obligation to buy ( i payed a refundable £200 deposit as the car i wanted was in south west scotland and they brought it to my local branch at edinburgh) the £200 was knocked off the final price but if i viewed it and didnt want it i got it back

What may of happened in your case is they had a low price on that car to undercut someone else and put the price up shortly after the other dealer did !

Salesman told me the prices change daily (i assume both up and down to maximise profits)

Buying a new car has been a culture shock. I have been so astounded by the total lack of product knowledge. this is there in the brochure for anyone to read if they take the time to read it. The salesmen generally seem to be hovering around doing jack so you'd think that they would take the time to have a read up on the product that they are trying to sell so that they knew what they were talking about. and the way that the salesmen just come out with a load of old guff that they must think that the buyer wants to hear. The kind of mindless drivel like on the sunlife insurance over 55 adverts the one where you get a free ballpoint pen.

Recent thread. >>>

https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/355434-car-sales/

After having a couple of new fords from Evans Halshaw I returned to test the new turbo 1 litre model. Made appointment but can not available when arranged, this happened three times so went to another dealer and brought from them. Their website does not allow comments or ratings so enough said. They seem to have enough trade and not bothered it they deal with customers or not. I also have a six year old Suzuki Grand Vitara and recently had a recall from them to change a gear linkage. Progress Suzuki where excellent lending me a car and doing the job on time, the car was not purchased from them but they still treated me very well and I would recommend them to anyone