nothing is selling

kody

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's mine but everyone is skint! Got four guns on GW all have some desireability but not one taker....

A nice Beretta 627 EELL is one and a few others I've noticed.

Out of interest what is your reason for selling?

Well after another outing with sxs and o/u and due to the fact I have dominant left eye I have concluded that sxs is the way to go I shoot better with them....now do I get a berretta parallelo or an old English and what barrels 28 or 30 it's all so difficult...my £30 hit everything gun is a keeper it's 28 inch barrals I want a nice gentleman's Sunday gun....

What is the best to look out for around 3k including trade in

Edited by psycho

Well after another outing with sxs and u/on and due to the fact I dominant left eye I have concluded that sxs is the way to go ....now do I get a berretta parallelo or an old English and what barrels 28 or 30 it's all so difficult...my £30 hit everything gun is a keeper it's 28 inch barrals I want a nice gentleman's Sunday gun....

What is the best to look out for around 3k including trade in

I think with the budget you have there will be plenty of choice

I personally got a pair like this

https://www.guntrader.uk/mobile/gunDetail.php?NewGunID=151214134340013&skipNo=0&perPage=15&Filter[NewType][shotgun]=1&Filter[NewMechanism][side+by+Side]=1&Filter[Calibre][12+gauge]=1&Filter[Make][Garbi]=1&Filter[Model][black+Sabel+Deluxe]=1&sortField=poa&sortOrder=asc

something else worth a look if you want new is the Rizzin although not so sure resale value would be there but if you aint planning on selling it doesnt matter

https://www.guntrader.uk/mobile/gunDetail.php?NewGunID=161103132521003&skipNo=0&perPage=15&Filter[NewType][shotgun]=1&Filter[NewMechanism][side+by+Side]=1&Filter[Calibre][12+gauge]=1&Filter[Make][Rizzini%2C+B.]=1&Filter[Model][bR+550]=1&sortField=poa&sortOrder=asc

My opinion, buy yourself a piece of English history. With 3k to play with you're going to have a lot of retail therapy

Edit, 30" Damascus barrels, but I'm biased.

Will damascus barrals shoot normal 30 grain cartridges or does it have to be black powder

I have a English Damascus barrels side by side and it is fine with ordinary cartridges just never shoot steel and check it has been proofed for nitro only downside is they are usually 2.5 inch chamber but there are plenty of cartridges in this size

This gun is my go to game gun and there is nothing better than shooting with a piece of history in my opinion

Yes mine is 2.5" too but compX carts are fine. Try a Damascus barrelled box lock, it comes up to the shoulder sooooo well, beautifully balanced.

Mine's proofed to 32g but that's a tad harsh for a 140 year old gun. A little mechanical sympathy etc. etc.

Check proof marks for nitro proof, it'll be stamped if it is. If you're buying from a dealer just ask.

Edited by Mr.C

What and where are these said gentlemen going to shoot on a Sunday? :whistling:

A gentleman while out on a sunday afternoon in the county of Durham with his fine SXS can shoot pigeons,crows,rooks,rats and rabbits on a sunday...not wildfowl or game!! As he will burn in the hell fire. Examples of Game means pheasant, partridge, red grouse, black grouse and hare. Wildfowl geese ducks etc.

A gentleman while out on a sunday afternoon in the county of Durham with his fine SXS can shoot pigeons,crows,rooks,rats and rabbits on a sunday...not wildfowl or game!! As he will burn in the hell fire. Examples of Game means pheasant, partridge, red grouse, black grouse and hare. Wildfowl geese ducks etc.

Disgraceful! A gentleman, after attending church would adjourn to the local hostelry before returning home for luncheon and then having a nap until it was time for the Archers followed by dinner. :whistling::innocent:

Whatever you end up with, enjoy.

Edited by wymberley