How Stupid ??

Colidog

I live very near to where this happend.

------------------------------------

Three held in shotgun probe Feb 26 2004

By The Huddersfield Daily Examiner

ARMED police swooped on a wood in Huddersfield after shots were heard and people were seen with guns.

The firearms officers responded after a man and two youths were seen at Round Wood, off Woodedge Avenue in Waterloo, at 4.30pm yesterday.

Sgt Tim O'Sullivan, of Huddersfield police, said: "The armed officers could hear firearms being discharged in the wood and arrested the three at gunpoint.

"They were taken to Huddersfield police station for questioning."

The three - a 20-year-old man and two boys aged 14 and 15 - all come from Waterloo.

The 20-year-old has been charged with illegally possessing a shotgun.

The 15-year-old has been bailed pending further inquiries.

No further action will be taken against the 14-year-old.

A shotgun, an air rifle and ammunition for both weapons were recovered by police.

Sgt Tim O'Sullivan, of Huddersfield police, said: "This must have been a frightening experience for witnesses who saw these people with weapons.

"Ultimately it must have been frightening for them to be arrested at gunpoint.

"Incidents like this are taken exceptionally seriously. They put both others and the people with the weapons at risk."

in my local paper a man aged 26 was caught shooting woodpigeons on an old disused railway ........ a local couple walking their dog phoned the police and within 15 mins the armed response unit from edinburgh had the guy face down in the dirt...

outcome

£800 fine

air rifle revoked

100 hours community service

p.s . . . . it was his first offence

:*) :*) :*) :*) :*) :lol:

in my local paper a man aged 26 was caught shooting woodpigeons on an old disused railway ........ a local couple walking their dog phoned the police and within 15 mins the armed response unit from edinburgh had the guy face down in the dirt...

outcome

£800 fine

air rifle revoked

100 hours community service

p.s . . . . it was his first offence

:*) :*) :*) :*) :*) :lol:

What was he doing wrong?:D?

Men have been poaching in this country since the time of the normans it is only now that the DO GOODER NANNY STATE MP'S are in control that all who own guns be it shotguns or airweapons are seen as terrorists,yet the real threat of illeagal imigrants and other groups who left this country to join the taliban and fight our troops but are welcomed back with open arms.

I tell you all i am proud to be ENGLISH and PROUD of my HERITAGE but this country is completly ******.

where me & my best friend shoot on a pice of farm land their is a family of antis that live close by every time we start on the land they decide to walk their dogs on thepath through the farmers land so evry time we see them we stop break guns & wait for them to pass if thats not bad enough it turns out their are a couple of badger sets on the farmers land as well so not only do we get these antis disturbing us we also now & again get the local badger watch mob following us around making sure were not the brocks & giving us these lectures about that if they catch us by the holes with so much as an air pistol they will call the cops

gamebag

I had a problem like that on an old shoot when I was a teenager. I used to be followed about etc and shooting became a real pain.To sort the issue i carried written permission from the land owner and a list of all the people he would allow on his land... i then asked these people their names when they came giving me grief...ofcourse their names were not on the list so i asked them to leave and stop trespassing. I also spoke with the local police regards the matter before these locals had time to complain.

Within 2weeks the problem had gone.I then found a number of badger sets and helped organise Badger watching etc on nights when i wasn's shooting..this got all the locals back loving me and the land owner felt a little easier with everyone getting along..the short of it is do what you need to but don't fall out with anyone.

Gamebag

Are the sets on private land :D Judging by your post i assume they are . If so tell em you are going to contact the farmer as they are trespassing on his land . Usually keeps most of the do - good hero's away , if you get a persistant one tell em they are scaring the animals ,then run round shouting that "the anti" touched you in that "special place"

I have not tryed to use the last bit of advice . But i can not wait till i can lol .

all the best yis yp :lol:

:lol: as far as i know the guy was shooting on public land ( railway walk owned by council between 2 villages) he was charged under 2 acts of the scottish firearm law

i think they were ..... discharging a weapon in a public place

and carrying a loaded weapon with intent to discharge it

something along those lines but i know scottish law is very different from english law

can find out if you really want

Murray :lol: