I did it!

Hendrix's rifle

... and now.... the end is near ....

CONGRATULATIONS .... try just to do it once though

.............. Frank Sinatra :-)

.............. strike while the iron is hot my friend, don't hang about thinking about it. Fifty four years ago I did the same thing and we got it done within six months. Hope you both have as much happiness together. OK, I know you don't need any advice, but a major part of our successful 54year marriage has been we have been good mates, no of this luvvy duvvy huggin and kissin just for effect, darling this and darling that, we have seen it all believe me and within a couple of years ...divorce.

Whilst I am having 'The Best Is Yet To Come' when we walk back down the aisle in just under 4 weeks time.

.............. Frank Sinatra :-)

.............. strike while the iron is hot my friend, don't hang about thinking about it. Fifty four years ago I did the same thing and we got it done within six months. Hope you both have as much happiness together. OK, I know you don't need any advice, but a major part of our successful 54year marriage has been we have been good mates, no of this luvvy duvvy huggin and kissin just for effect, darling this and darling that, we have seen it all believe me and within a couple of years ...divorce.

Congratulations Hendrix.

Edited by Penelope

I asked my partner 3 years ago but then spent the money on a car for her.

I'll be honest and say it scares us both as after 5 almost 6 years we are best mates and trying for our second baby ( my 4th) and we don't want to jinx it.

I couldn't be without her.

Her dad won't come anyway as he says I've brain washed her :/

She was 18 and I was 30 when we met

Cheers all :) the 'in the future' bit was understood by her. Waiting for the house to go through still along with a few other bits and it will take a while to save the money up for a wedding! She found it amusing though :lol:

Makes sense to me, can't ask her to do it in the past.. And ive known people engaged for years before actually getting married. Like you say get everything else to fall into place :good:

My partner and I decided it would be a good idea to get married walking home from the pub whilst on holiday in 2000. No date was set but it was agreed in principal. She said if you haven't married me by the time I am 50 you can forget it. She was 44 at the time. So 17 years later been together for nearly 20yrs she is now 61 in Nov ...... Still not married however she wears engagement ring, eternity ring (that I had commissioned for her from a jeweller friend for our tenth anniversary) and her late mothers wedding ring. She has also double barelled her surname to include mine. We are very very happy and in twenty years have never ever had an argument or fallen out. We consider ourselves to be married but as neither of us acknowledge any god and neither of us are that bothered about doing things legit we never got around to bothering about it.

Congratulations I hope you are as happy together as Mrs ips and I are 👍

:lol::lol: excellent.................

look ...to save all that faffing about....right now ...hand over 50% of your worth ...and your pension...and the right to see your kids in the future.... :good:

Only 50%.....you had a good solicitor, the first Mrs nutjob got everything incl the shirts ....but she never took my FREEDOM 😁

I've been married 30yrs,if you luck you get one that's great in bed "do what you want love".However what runs parallel to this is shes"××××××× mental" got her own mood swing in the garden.Have to go out and get crash helmet or a stab proof vest,I know you could get one of those 'Tazer sticks Zzzzzt!

Edited by Davyo

I've been married 30yrs,if you luck you get one that's great in bed "do what you want love".However what runs parallel to this is shes"××××××× mental" got her own mood swing in the garden.Have to go out and get crash helmet or a stab proof vest,I know you could get one of those 'Tazer sticks Zzzzzt!

I had an ex gf like that, but to high up the crazy scale for me. I Needed one or to bands down..

Haha 👍