******* ****** busy bodies

Benthejockey

It most definitely is an offence, albeit a civil one, except in certain cases as Stevo makes reference to. Being a civil offence to main remdy is to make good, hence why if no damage is done the consequence are minimal.

Trespass to land is a civil wrong under the law of tort. Trespass is not, for the most part, a criminal offence. If damage is caused, then a criminal offence may well be committed.

Seem to remember reading someplace that an allowance of 3ft should be made for a footpath, stick two rows of plastic poles in and run two strands of the electric fence down either side of the footpath, put a warning sign each end of each side. Get the biggest energiser you can.

When we had the horses on a yard I quartered a 4 acre field and the perimeter double line and set the energiser in the middle, that was enough to give you a belt if you caught it and the dogs soon learnt to go through the"gates" with us.

If there's anyway you can run the energiser via the mains that would be even better.

A 4 ft high white and red sign private land keep out ,within a week 2 pieces of torn sign on the floor .Every stile has a keep your dog on a lead ,dogs kill lambs sign might as well say do what the you want and laugh when your dog chases farm animals.Ignorant lazy dont clean up their dog muck town scroats do what they want ,move to the country but dont actually understand or want country life :no:

We were talking about it his morning. I'm going to electric fence the footpath with a strand high enough to zap a person and a low strand to catch the dogs and put the warning signs at either end. I'm also going to do a bit of fencing along the hedge where their houses back on to our field. I'm thinking some conifer trees and a nice 6ft larch lap fence. Not high enough to block the light but high enough to ruin their day!

I'm also going to do a bit of fencing along the hedge where their houses back on to our field. I'm thinking some conifer trees and a nice 6ft larch lap fence. Not high enough to block the light but high enough to ruin their day!

If there's no access across from their property to yours, you are within your rights to put posts and stock fence with a barbed wire topper, probably be cheaper, I think you only have to be cautious about barbed wire next to footpath.

That's one thing I liked about Texas, USA. Frequently saw signs on ranch fences...THERE IS NOTHING IN HERE WORTH LOSING YOUR LIFE FOR.

Had some trespassing on the 48sq miles ranch we were staying on. Police, Game Warden, local Sheriff all turned out. Three arrested and one was going to prison as it was his second trespassing offence. They finally found their truck hidden in some trees and it was taken away and crushed.