2 beads

mark a

hi all

can the pw massive answer a puzzling question.

Im a right handed shooter and right eye dominant but when i mount my gun i always see two beads.

When i look down the rib there is always two beads but when i shut my left eye a bead disappears and the bead in front of my right eye is on target,open the left eye again and the ghost bead is back.

Hope this makes sense and what am i doing wrong.

many thanks

mark a

hi all

can the pw massive answer a puzzling question.

Im a right handed shooter and right eye dominant but when i mount my gun i always see two beads.

When i look down the rib there is always two beads but when i shut my left eye a bead disappears and the bead in front of my right eye is on target,open the left eye again and the ghost bead is back.

Hope this makes sense and what am i doing wrong.

many thanks

mark a

same here I have to shut my left eye just before I pull the trigger, normally fine with birds at most angles but on some driven birds they disappear behind the barrels. If I miss on the first shot I sometimes find myself taking the second shot with both eyes open. :hmm:

It's perfectly normal to see 2 beads and indeed 2 barrels. It's nothing to do with dominance and everything to do with refraction. Short sighted people might well not see 2 beads but normal and far sighted people invariably will. if you ignore it and concentrate on what you're meant to look at, your brain will soon adjust and "forget" about the 2 beads thing.

It's perfectly normal to see 2 beads and indeed 2 barrels. It's nothing to do with dominance and everything to do with refraction. Short sighted people might well not see 2 beads but normal and far sighted people invariably will. if you ignore it and concentrate on what you're meant to look at, your brain will soon adjust and "forget" about the 2 beads thing.

This 👍

Close things in peripheral vision will be doubled for most people. As westward says, look at the target and forget the bead or rather beads. The trouble is once you become aware of such anomalies one tends to check to see if its still there 😉

Well done save me typing it.