Steyr semi auto

countryman

So how come you can buy semi auto soft air guns and semi auto co2 powered guns. I've had both in the past. The co2 was .177

The laws are clear as mud. I've shot full auto airguns at the fun fair.

Yeah it's all too confusing! Apparently it can be semi auto but has to be smoothbore 🤔 Been looking it up and on airgun forums a few people have got the auto 5 here.

As above .they arent rifles if they have a smooth bore .same reason you can have a semiauto shot gun .its a smooth bore not a rifle.

The police have confiscated a lot of those styers from rfds and people.

The law is clear .22 lr only .rifle alowed

Incorrect.

.22 wmr is also allowed. In fact I believe there is a ruger for sale in here at the moment in .22wmr.

.22 rimfire is the restriction.

Edd

well BASC seem to think they are legal, as long as under 12ft/lb, according to their guidance published on their website.

I'd be surprised if you could name 1 dealer who has had one confiscated, as there are no official imports of them anyway.

according to Steyr UK they have provided a working LP50 pistol (which uses the same mechanism, and therefore is as legal as a hunting 5 auto) to North Yorkshire Police for analysis to determine if the mechanism is self-loading as defined in law.

NSRA at Bisley are also still allowing competitors to use the LP50 pistol, there is a news article on their website about it.

I understand they come through customs ok if you buy from Europe, there are plenty of people with them and none are official imports.

I'm pretty sure if you bought a section 5 weapon in Europe and tried to have it delivered to your door it would not arrive.

Do you have to get .22 in the steer auto air rifle to be legal? As it's the only caliber allowed in rim fires.

It would be nice to have semi auto air rifles for pest control or plinking

Edited by figgy

There was one on guntrader through a trader a few months ago, selling on behalf of the guy they sold the gun originally to, sub 12ftlb no license required.

From all the information I've seen and I've looked, it's a case of it's allowed but we won't advertise the fact by home office.

Is it actually semi auto, though? Seems to have a quick bolt system but not just a case of repeatedly squeezing the trigger

they do 2 versions, the hunting 5 is a single shot biathalon cocking, officially imported by steyr uk

the hunting 5 auto is semi automatic, no official imports of this one.

both use the same 5 shot or single shot magazine.