Airwolf Tactical FAC

pickerup

Im not a fan of anything daystate .the guns arent great (although can be )

Its the company thata the biggest issue .if you have a problem (likley ) then daystate are notoriously bad to deal with .

A little eg .

Mate had an airwolf .fac .it wouldn't group at 50 yds .when he asked daystate why not .they said they accuracy test at 25 yds if it grpups inside an inch its deemed accurate enough .

He threw it back at them and tried to get his money back . (Very painful and expensive experience )

fac Airwolf should be a tack driver, mines not pellet fussy, it'll happily spit out air arms diablo or bisley magnums all day long.

they are on the heavy side though, mine comes in at 4.7kg with a normal 4-12 or something x50 scope, the fac version should have the larger bottle.

great shot count from the large bottle though compared to most fac air, even running 40ft/lb in .22.

mines normal walnut stock, don't expect the tactical is much lighter though.

fx are supposedly good with the smooth twist barrel in fac power, might be worth a look for something different.

The Bisley should be ok but don't the AA go supersonic at that?

no idea, they seem absolutely fine. never sat down and worked out the velocity.

when I first picked the gun up I only had AA pellets which I was using in another rifle, so thought I'd give them a try, and they worked no problem.

I have since bought a couple of tins of bisley magnums and don't really notice any difference, although I don't really stretch its legs too far when out rabbit shooting, if I want to shoot rabbits at distance I take the hmr.

I don't really buy into all this blowing skirts at 40+ ft/lb and all the other stuff that gets written by people who don't have fac air, of have but running at lower power to get a higher shot count etc etc etc.

I guess there will be a power level when they become supersonic/unstable/blow skirts etc, but in mine they seem to group well and that's pretty much all i'm interested in.

I'd much rather try it with my setup and see if it works than not try it because someone on the internet has said not to. its hardly a dangerous experiment.

but the normal also goes, just because they work in mine with my barrel etc doesn't mean they will work in all of them, get a tub or borrow a few and try them in your setup is the only way forward.