F1.

Red-dot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After today Im more convinced than ever F1 is a complete fix!

Bernie Eccleston in a revecent interview with Eddie Jordon I took to more or less say it was fixed. He said that although he never would approve of it he had no control over the teams. Edited by Paul1440

Everything that involves money like.that is fixed, do you think for a second they would leave the future revenue making potential of it all to chance? Same as football, the same as top gear all being scripted, where there are hundreds of millions of pounds at steak nothing is ever left to chance, that's why in f1 we never see a champion until the very last race to keep people interested

There not really cars though are they. I am not interested in motor sport or any sport come to think of it but if I wanted to watch folk drive cars fast I would want to watch them drive one out of a forecourt and straight onto a track. There just very fast very hi tec go carts...

I will get me coat 😉

Everything that involves money like.that is fixed, do you think for a second they would leave the future revenue making potential of it all to chance? Same as football, the same as top gear all being scripted, where there are hundreds of millions of pounds at steak nothing is ever left to chance, that's why in f1 we never see a champion until the very last race to keep people interested

Sorry but that's just rubbish.

Statistically titles decided in the last race stand at 43% which falls a little short of "never see champion until the very last race".

I have been immensely enjoying myself reading expert commentary everywhere who seemingly know how F1 car telemetry works :lol: with photo's showing he brake tested Vettel (since categorically proved otherwise). I would be interested in hearing from some of these experts as to how you can "fix" wins or losses for that matter when the main element in the car is the driver who more often than not look as though they're about to burst into tears when they come second.

I have never liked Vettel and have said he needed to prove himself outside of RedBull which practically gifted him 4 titles, he has time and again proved he has the need to win at all costs which for me is ugly (never took to Schumi for similar reasons) BUT I will come out and admit that when all is said and done he is a fast driver and deserving of his Ferrari seat. Even factoring in the fact he is beating a worn out Kimi he has shown some great pace and results. Still think he's a ****.

[quote name="Hamster" post="3278936" timestamp=

I have never liked Vettel and have said he needed to prove himself outside of RedBull which practically gifted him 4 titles, he has time and again proved he has the need to win at all costs which for me is ugly (never took to Schumi for similar reasons) BUT I will come out and admit that when all is said and done he is a fast driver and deserving of his Ferrari seat. Even factoring in the fact he is beating a worn out Kimi he has shown some great pace and results. Still think he's a ****.

Very much like the tactics/ temper of a certain other German driver

You could say the same about Hamilton...

He has never had a really bad car,

Jumped into a very good McLaren, then bailed at the right time then into another good car which rapidly became an all winning car,

I will also come out and say that whilst I really can't stand Hamilton, he has some talent but isn't the god that some people (mainly Steve Jones and Coulthard of C4) make him out to be,

He has been very fortunate in his choice of teams,

The only real comparison, daft as it seems has been the Top Gear F1 driver in a reasonably priced car, Ricciardo still holds the best time for that....

I would love to see Ricciardo in a Merc or at least hope Red Bull get a truly competitive engine

:shaun:

You only have to look at past champions in slower cars, it's not all about the driver as to who wins. Alonso couldn't do a thing with his car. If all the drivers had the exact same car then we would see who were the best drivers.

Some teams can't even give the two drivers the same cars.

Edited by figgy

Vettel needed further punishment than 10 seconds,he thought Hamilton was going for it and didnt as leader was his choice,but Vettel rammed him by mistake and in his fury then used his car to attack Hamiltons,what the ####

Think Hamilton has matured over last few years and he needed to.

Vestappen is the one to watch.

Edited by vampire