Am I being unreasonable?

spandit

It's a .22 that he has, I think. Not had one reply saying I am being unreasonable so think I've made the right choice.

What do the police do in these circumstances? Issue a permit (Section 7?) or a deadline to get a permission? I suppose you could sign the rifle over to an RFD for storage until a time comes where you regain a good reason for ownership?

That's not for you to worry about.I wouldn't want him to get granted renewal if he has asked a fellow cert holder to commit fraud.Id be having a word with FEO regardless,the shooting community don't need people like this in possession. Edited by Davyo

Stick to your guns and don't feel bad.

Ask your friend to falsify papers and for him to sign permission to help his mate

And if your friend carries on being an ****, ask him if there's any chance you can have his mates gun on the cheap since he won't be needing it....

Edited by Cosd

ask him if there's any chance you can have his mates gun on the cheap since he won't be needing it....

Had thought about it :D

He hasn't spoken to me since and I can't see myself making the first move. I wonder if his friend is the same one he wanted to invite round to do some camping and shooting on my land? Sounded like a nice little party except I wasn't invited.

Had thought about it :D

He hasn't spoken to me since and I can't see myself making the first move. I wonder if his friend is the same one he wanted to invite round to do some camping and shooting on my land? Sounded like a nice little party except I wasn't invited.

Clang! What a clod the bloke is.

Am I missing the point ,where does he intend to use this gun? Has he not got any land or club to shoot on and provide evidence for his FAC? If he goes on paid stalks quote them?

Sorry if I'm not understanding this but would you let your car be driven by somebody you don't know and is uninsured??

Please put my right.

You are not missing the point, I have no idea who the friend of a friend is having never met him and having never even been told his name. He must have had a permission at some point to get the rifle granted in the first place so either he's lost it through no fault of his own or he's upset the owner and been kicked off. Whether or not he is insured is largely irrelevant.

It was more the way my friend asked, as if it was no big deal and essentially a rhetorical question, that has me irked. It's interesting that not one reply on here has disagreed with me, so I thank you all for that :)

What's the chances this friends friends cousins mate does a bit of poaching rabbit or deer maybe but has lost a perm so as others have said needs land to keep his gun?

I used to let a couple of mates go on land i had years ago, it was only with air rifles, but still laid down the law, someone you've never met with a fire arm,

Nope

Thing is. If he'd bothered making an introduction to his friend I might have felt differently. It was the assumption that I'd just do his friend a massive favour and then getting upset when he didn't get the answer he wanted. At least Nicola Sturgeon has decent legs... ;)

Thing is. If he'd bothered making an introduction to his friend I might have felt differently. It was the assumption that I'd just do his friend a massive favour and then getting upset when he didn't get the answer he wanted. At least Nicola Sturgeon has decent legs... ;)

The more I read on this thread, the more I think that this bloke isn't actually your friend. Sounds to me like you think of him as a friend but he doesn't. If I had any permissions and this happened to me, I would have revoked his permission and informed his FET.

No true friend would ask you to break the law so someone you don't know (or do know) can hold a gun illegally.

Edited by Newbie to this

I think you need your eyes testing :-)

Agree with all of the above. It does sound to me you are far better off without this friend and it would have been the thin end of the wedge.