Picatinny rails for shotguns

Bobba

There's a topic on here about red dot sights on shotguns. Without wishing to derail it I've started this topic.

I wouldn't mind having a play with a cheap sight but all those I've seen on line seem to have mounts for a picatinny rail and not the narrow rib of a 20 bore OU. Looking for adaptor rails I've found only those for single barrel shotguns which clamp around the barrel. Nothing which could mount on the rib of an OU

Has anyone seen such an adaptor/rail? Thanks

hello, interesting post bobba, got me thinking about this and wingmans post on his mossy pump, got me looking at PUMPS :rolleyes: York guns got a good deal :hmm:

loads of pump guns available and cheap prices. I paid less that 150 quid for my Mossberg and its in great nick, that said I have probably spent nearly twice that on accessories for it, most of which are utterly useless!

I love it as a hide gun and for a mooch around the fields but not to keen on it as a clay gun.....

loads of pump guns available and cheap prices. I paid less that 150 quid for my Mossberg and its in great nick, that said I have probably spent nearly twice that on accessories for it, most of which are utterly useless!

I love it as a hide gun and for a mooch around the fields but not to keen on it as a clay gun.....

hello wingman, yes i keep looking and looking :rolleyes: i dont need one but thought :hmm: would like to try one :lol:

Pump tart! :lol:

Pump tart! :lol:

Yep I'll admit that!

But in my defense I was a virgin at pumping and didn't know what pump "aids" I really needed. Now I have a bit more experience under my belt I can confirm that bareback pumping the way the maker intended, is by far the most satisfying!

Edited by Wingman

A pump wont ever be as fast as a semi .but they are certainly fast enough for pigeons .i clipped one last night at 25 yds the second killing shot was in him before he made 5 yds .

There are some advantages over a semi .

They are generally more reliable with a winder variety of carts

You can eject your spent cart when and where you want .much easier to slowy eject it into a bag or box in the hide than having em spray all over the shop with a semi .