Looking to re home some Koi carp

Me matt

Hi all.

As above, I am looking to re home 3 koi carp and two gold fish.

One of the Koi we have had for years, hes an orange ghost mirror- beautiful fish about 16" long. He's not the modern shaped torpedo carp, he is more like a lake carp shape- big bellied. Other two koi and about 8 to 10" long, one white and one orange, plus a couple of gold fish.

We have a toddler now & we are concerened about safety as hes been trying to climb up the pond side so time for the fish to go.

Im based in chelmsford if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Matt

I have a number of large ponds on my farmer friends farm they could go in . I fish the lakes so there could be chance that they would be caught . I put some gold fish and golden orff in a few years ago and they have grown and survived very well .

Harnser.

Not saying Matt's fish have, but that is the very best way of passing disease and parasites on to the fish that are already there.

https://marinescience.blog.gov.uk/2015/10/02/koi-herpesvirus-khv-disease-and-fisheries/

It is totally irresponsible to release captive pond fish into a wild state.

Also illegal as would need a sec 30 from the EA.

Matt,

Are you filling in the pond ?

Do you need any soil ? I have raised bed to empty & remove and the soils going begging.

(I don't know how you estimate quantity but it's approx 10' square and 10-12" deep)

3x3x0.3 = 2.7 mtr3 which if it dry and light say 1.8t per mtr give you roughly 4.8ton roughly......