Pleasant Day Out

wymberley

As the carriage charge was only marginally cheaper than the fuel cost I decided that with nothing better to do I'd take the gun to Teague's myself. So grabbed shooting oppo and off we go for a jolly. We were both very pleased that I made that decision as we were invited to have a look around the various aspects of the work. It was immediately obvious why their products have the reputation that they enjoy. Some of the work in hand was still in the white and the names - those of whom we ordinary mortals can only dream of.

Fortunately, the results obtained by my none to clever calipers/DTI were confirmed a great deal more accurately than I could measure and which confirmed what I had thought to be the problem. Furthermore, also that there was sufficient 'meat' in the barrels to enable slightly tighter fixed chokes to be installed, the larger element of the hopefully enhanced patterns being catered for by the improved choke profiles.

Just have to wait 3 weeks to find out which will probably coincide with the start of the harvest.

• 3 weeks later...