Your opinion

team tractor

https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/posts/925102194304394:0

Read this story please .

I'm confused why the girl received a driving ban for riding on the top of the car. I understand the driver getting in trouble tho.

I know this might cause a heated debate but it's like handing out points to a passenger for the driver speeding .

"She had been charged with aiding or abetting dangerous driving and must re-sit her test", Northumbria Police said. Pretty obvious to me. She was seen as encouraging the dangerous driving of the driver. Now if she wasn't there by her own free will then I get you point but I suspect she was!

"She had been charged with aiding or abetting dangerous driving and must re-sit her test", Northumbria Police said. Pretty obvious to me. She was seen as encouraging the dangerous driving of the driver. Now if she wasn't there by her own free will then I get you point but I suspect she was!

+1

I would bet it was all done at her instigation, showing off and giving it large in front of her mates

:shaun:

+1

As a licence holder, She is responsible for Her actions whilst on the road, she chose to get on the roof, so She should pay the penalty as well as the driver.

Edited by Newbie to this

Haven't read the article but I can make this one comment.

Bleeding stupid.

We lost a work colleague due to similar stupidity, they were at the gliding club having had a few.

Next img they are clinging onto a car and he stood on the towball as it motored along.

You can guess what happened next, lost his footing and 'end of'

So, without reading it I think she deserves to have to re-sit her test to learn that it's not just a licence to drive but the responsibility of operating a vehicle too

Haven't read the article but I can make this one comment.

Bleeding stupid.

We lost a work colleague due to similar stupidity, they were at the gliding club having had a few.

Next img they are clinging onto a car and he stood on the towball as it motored along.

You can guess what happened next, lost his footing and 'end of'

So, without reading it I think she deserves to have to re-sit her test to learn that it's not just a licence to drive but the responsibility of operating a vehicle too

She wasn't driving tho. She was on the roof ;)

What's the motoring offence on her part ???

Silly yes but it's no more that my passenger getting in trouble for me speeding ..

Only a question

It's quite clear. The offence is aiding or abetting dangerous driving. If your passenger was encouraging you speeding and you were also driving dangerous then I assume that your passenger could also be charged with the same.

Seems an incredibly harsh sentence to me. As per the above post depending on the lads driving, but really, its in a carpark not on a main highway and to be fair, no one got hurt. Having grown up in the countryside and remembering how we was sometimes transported doesn't bear thinking about.

Its times like this I feel sorry for children growing up in towns, the children of farmers have large amounts of land to roam across with cars, horses etc and as a result are given the opportunity to be slight more adventurous and fun. However when children from urban areas break the rules society comes crashing down on them like a tonne of bricks, and to be fair as long as she held on tight, and he only drove slow the risk of being seriously injured, or injured at all, was incredible small.

A ticking off from the local plod is all that was required in my opinion.

Edited by zipdog

What's the motoring offence on her part ???

Silly yes but it's no more that my passenger getting in trouble for me speeding ..

Only a question

Your speeding is completely out of the passenger's control (unless they put their foot on top of yours), she made the decision to get on the roof so she has also committed an offence. Their only defence is that it was on private property and not the highway (not that im condoning it).

Seems an incredibly harsh sentence to me. As per the above post depending on the lads driving, but really, its in a carpark not on a main highway and to be fair, no one got hurt. Having grown up in the countryside and remembering how we was sometimes transported doesn't bear thinking about.

Its times like this I feel sorry for children growing up in towns, the children of farmers have large amounts of land to roam across with cars, horses etc and as a result are given the opportunity to be slight more adventurous and fun. However when children from urban areas break the rules society comes crashing down on them like a tonne of bricks, and to be fair as long as she held on tight, and he only drove slow the risk of being seriously injured, or injured at all, was incredible small.

A ticking off from the local plod is all that was required in my opinion.

Growing up on farms etc we pushed our luck a few times :)

I don't know how I made it this far ;)

We used to ride in the back of pickups loads especially when going bailing

Growing up on farms etc we pushed our luck a few times :)

I don't know how I made it this far ;)

We used to ride in the back of pickups loads especially when going bailing

Must have covered many a mile standing on the tow bar of older tractors, including 6 miles into town for bread in snow storm .

Youngsters don't have the fun we used to be able to do I'm 63 But at 16 got an old bantam used ride 3 up round the back lanes to a local town then two up to the local flea pit then do the same to come home 3 up again never was seen or caught A bout 24 miles return or riding old bikes round the local dell , or when we was all legal racing the motor bikes round the lanes as fast as we coud go it's wonder we wasent killed or end ed up in hospital , if it was on private land what is the issue the police have no powers to prosecute, unless law has changed , don't think so