Cancer

digger

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all. Some of the posts and messages have made me shed many tears. The kind words, private messages and thoughts are all beyond anything I expected. I have to seek help as to how to help my four year old daughter cope and stay strong for her. I wasn't looking for sympathy, I guess I wanted to vent.

You are all helping more than you know.

im far from an expert on these matters , but when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer , we were advised by the doctors to include the kids in everything , and explain everything in the simplest terms , although , our kids were a few years older.

Thank you all. Some of the posts and messages have made me shed many tears. The kind words, private messages and thoughts are all beyond anything I expected. I have to seek help as to how to help my four year old daughter cope and stay strong for her. I wasn't looking for sympathy, I guess I wanted to vent.

You are all helping more than you know.

I've had a few close calls at work and it's made me think about a video.

My kids are 11,8,2 and I I'm convinced I won't reach an old age so in a video they can keep me forever if the worst happens at work / traveling etc.

I don't know if it's an idea at all ?

Fisher uk on here told me his story and I was shocked. He looks great and stayed positive. Trust me he's an inspiration :)

He proves it can work out.

I've had 5 mates all beat cancer after being told it's too late honestly 25 years later all great .

I know we've spoken before on a message and I'm sure you'll keep positive ;)

Medical care has advanced so much and they're amazing at what they can do.

As I said in a previous post . My mate was black inside and it's all gone within a few month honest. He's awesome .

Power of the mind is a great healer

I wish you any luck I possibly can

Edited by team tractor

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about asking if anyone has heard anything but I didn't like to. Doesn't look good that he hasn't been on since then. Horrible.

I like to think he is out shooting his last few days, spending time with his wife and kids, and going through the process of getting his affairs in order and readying himself for death.

I think we would all rather he was doing that than spending any remaining moments of here in arguments over how to make the hardest possible brexit, the world changing too fast, and wether a shop selling a european 7.5 in a cartridge is grounds for treason proceedings.

Edited by Wb123

I like to think he is out shooting his last few days, spending time with his wife and kids, and going through the process of getting his affairs in order and readying himself for death.

I think we would all rather he was doing that than spending any remaining moments of here in arguments over how to make the hardest possible brexit, the world changing too fast, and wether a shop selling a european 7.5 in a cartridge is grounds for treason proceedings.

or possibly looking at the kind wishes and support he has been given by a great bunch of people on a great forum. but lets all hope that he is having treatment and fighting this, while taking part in as many enjoyable things as he can.

My best wishes for him and his family. It is a hard fight to undertake. I have lost my mother and father and several other close relations to cancer. The wife has lost her father and several relations also. It all depends on how quick you find it and what treatment you get and the positive attitude of the person. When my mum was ill we went through bags of old family photos writing down who they were and when they were taken so that the information wasn't lost forever. This helped both mum and us in coming to terms with the end result. I wish that I had,had longer to talk to dad about his life and war exploits out in Burma but his condition Was bad and quick. Sometimes people don't think that it is appropriate at the time and stay away frightened that they will say the wrong thing. Suddenly it's all too late. At the least it gives you a bit of time unlike someone going out of the door in the morning and having a heart attack or being killed in a car crash or something. Best of hopes and wishes for Digger.

• 2 months later...