" Manipulator" decoys

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things with strings are always a pain to use. I would prefer a flapper with a key fob on-off remote switch.

Agree with the above and strings to a decoy with dogs retrieving dont mix unless your happy to keep untangling the dog and re setting the decoy and strings.

My home made one is identical but run with a small motor and battery with an intermittent gizmo to switch it on and off. It works very well and have had pigeons almost land on top of it, so the concept works. However I fully agree regarding strings and things, they are a pain, been there done that. If you want control then run a thin double wire to the battery and have the switch in the hide .... done that as well. No more trouble to carry out to a hide than a roll of string/cord. I use a small golf trolley battery for power, in fact my wife's old trolley battery but still drives my decoys for a full session.

BUT, Chris is a Cornish Gent and after so many years is still bubbling with enthusiasm and ideas.

How is that going to work on anything but very short crop?

Notice close up he shows it on laid crop, but when he shows it under a gun it's on short crop.

Another decoy to decoy the decoyers!

hello, i think the concept is good and sure you could make an extension pole but it would need a good solid grounding if the string is any length, i must say with 2 in a hide can take in turns to whirly while other shoots?

Many thanks for your views to date.

In my experience they will be discussed,exhibited,admired,purchased,used and then as faults develope and patience expires put to the back of the shed amongst a lifetimes' accumulation of similar expired bright ideas;until of course another 'new' invention hits the market.It was ever thus !

hello, i think the concept is good and sure you could make an extension pole but it would need a good solid grounding if the string is any length, i must say with 2 in a hide can take in turns to whirly while other shoots?

I couldn't be bothered to use the remote on a flapper after a while :)

Sorry, but just looks like a faff to me.

Outside of the rotary, flapper and bouncers, I'm not sure what else one could possibly need to decoy birds. All the new gizmos are money spinners rather than doing something the other three can't do!!

My challenge on this is how is it better than a flapper on an intermittent timer?

I found the video proper funny 😂 reminded me of an old Harry Enfield sketch.

He's really passionate about it - you can tell lol

I couldn't be doing with that string pulling malarkey, recipe for disaster in my honest opinion.

Haha! It does doesn't it!?

I like the string pulling idea, give me something to do waiting for pigeons to come!

Haha! It does doesn't it!?

I like the string pulling idea, give me something to do waiting for pigeons to come!

Haha - I chuckled at the ball of twine he had- yeah like that'll be easy to negotiate with clods of mud hanging of your boots lol

I was seriously waiting for two yogurt pots to appear 😉

I really like the guy, Chris Green....but if I'm honest that's a step backwards not forwards.

I can see how it could work and may come in handy but you only need to shoot one dead bird to go on an electronic flapper, and they aren't exactly heavy weight to carry with a small battery!

It's handy to have some decent decoys but dead birds every time for me, once I've shot some I'll always replace decoys with them. Pulling a string looks a right faff when I'm concentrating on shooting!