Neighbour shooting in garden.

southeastpete

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i WOULD BE FAR MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHO IS SHOOTING YOUR WINDOWS IN THAN BOTHERING ABOUT SOME BLOKE THAT IS SHOOTING AWAY FROM YOUR HOUSE

Spend lots of time watching everyone else as he is not the culprit . By all means have a chat as one shooter to the next about backstops, callibres, air weapons shotguns etc but your primary concern has to be with other neighbours. Have you upset any of them in the past!

What was the police advice after you had your window shot out the first time?

Are you happy that they are supporting you well enough? You seem to have faith in community bobbies but what are they doing? Most peoples' experience is that they are lazy and a waste of time and money.

The volunteer ones are keen though and want to make a difference; they should be paid.

I used to help the serious organised crime police people in Manchester they call it something else now. One morning the head of it was late and apologised because he had had no sleep as a bunch of teenagers had kept him up all night with their antics. He had called 999 and they had said that antisocial activity was not a priority for them at that time he was really annoyed! Very different on the other side of the counter I said and he didn't get the irony of him saying that it was unacceptable for people to put up with this lack of response from the police!!! He was brilliant at his job and i wish there were more people like him.

So get some cctv cameras and nail whoever it is that is letting shooters down please. Make use of the neighbours that you do have a good relationship with to be your eyes and ears when you are at work.

• 3 years later...

having a neighbours child hit in the shoulder some years back knowing of cats that have been targets :/ and a friends dog got hit there are concerns of anyone shooting in a built up area  .. i also cant believe the comments on this thread im quite certain if their child were hit or their pet then they would be shouting a different tune :/

Should he not be shooting towards his property? He's on the wrong side of the law already blood fool!

I shoot in a garden a little over that in range good back stop and towards my own property police have been round but no problem as I could quote the law and most importantly practice it.

Edited by Chaz25

On 23/08/2021 at 18:06, jam1960 said:

having a neighbours child hit in the shoulder some years back knowing of cats that have been targets  and a friends dog got hit there are concerns of anyone shooting in a built up area  .. i also cant believe the comments on this thread im quite certain if their child were hit or their pet then they would be shouting a different tune :/

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting on a thread that’s 4 years old 😂😂😂😊

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting on a thread that’s 4 years old 😂😂😂😊

One of the most amusing things about this forum…..post a thread and get replies saying “if you search the forum you will find threads covering this topic” post on a thread that covers “this topic” and get posts taking the proverbial for resurecting a thread that’s years old……it’s literally the definition of “catch 22” 🤣😂

8 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

One of the most amusing things about this forum…..post a thread and get replies saying “if you search the forum you will find threads covering this topic” post on a thread that covers “this topic” and get posts taking the proverbial for resurecting a thread that’s years old……it’s literally the definition of “catch 22” 🤣😂

Would that be a normal first post with no introduction 

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Would that be a normal first post with no introduction 

Put simply, yes. Define normal? 

take into account that it’s an open forum, that anyone can read. This person may have been doing research on the subject come across the post and felt the need to comment, they may have even joined the forum purely for the purpose of replying to this thread 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Put simply, yes. Define normal? 

take into account that it’s an open forum, that anyone can read. This person may have been doing research on the subject come across the post and felt the need to comment, they may have even joined the forum purely for the purpose of replying to this thread 🤷‍♂️

Fair enough 

have a good day 👍