Are there any pigeon watch cigar smokers?

lopylui

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never understood what the passion is with smoking, my family and friends smoke I never have thought about putting a fag in my mouth

everyone to there own I suppose

Difficult to explain but cigar smoking really isn't much like smoking a cigarette, very different experience and very relaxing. I guess it's something smokers elevate to rather than take up initially. A quality cuban enjoyed with an equally good cognac or single malt really is a wonderfull thing, just not something to do regularly (for me anyway). Not suggesting you try it though, as having no tollerance to nicotine, a good cigar would probably make your head spin.

Difficult to explain but cigar smoking really isn't much like smoking a cigarette, very different experience and very relaxing. I guess it's something smokers elevate to rather than take up initially. A quality cuban enjoyed with an equally good cognac or single malt really is a wonderfull thing, just not something to do regularly (for me anyway). Not suggesting you try it though, as having no tollerance to nicotine, a good cigar would probably make your head spin.

Good post good explanation. Like you I would not actively endorse a none smoker to take up cigar smoking 👍

• 2 weeks later...

OK cigar smoking boys and girls, I'm after some advice please.

I'm looking for a small, everyday mild cigar that has the cigar smell and experience without the harsh and bitter taste. I've tried cafe cremes and found them still pretty harsh. (They may be better after a bit of time to mature). I've seen Cohiba miniatures, but given they're a med to full flavour, I'd expect them to be harsh on the mouth too.

Can anyone suggest anything? Budget not huge, but I don't smoke many cigars so don't mind splashing out a bit for something that is more pleasant to smoke...

Cheers.

Romeo y julieta miniatures are very smooth , if you can get hold of them in UK.

Henri winterman also do a miniature which may be worth trying, I cant remember exactly what they were like though.

Have you tried the cafe creme blue ??

You won't go far wrong with a King Edward!

OK cigar smoking boys and girls, I'm after some advice please.

I'm looking for a small, everyday mild cigar that has the cigar smell and experience without the harsh and bitter taste. I've tried cafe cremes and found them still pretty harsh. (They may be better after a bit of time to mature). I've seen Cohiba miniatures, but given they're a med to full flavour, I'd expect them to be harsh on the mouth too.

Can anyone suggest anything? Budget not huge, but I don't smoke many cigars so don't mind splashing out a bit for something that is more pleasant to smoke...

Cheers.

I'm partial to a Don Thomas Rothschild - very mild, coffee and spice mix. Honduran rather than Cuban, can therefore be picked up for about £5 a cigar.

I also like El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supremes - very light and sweet. treat myself to one every so often.

Thanks all, some options to look into :good:

I did try the CC blue, and was disappointed - they weren't as smooth as I was hoping. Though apparently they improve with keeping...

Seems like (one type of) King Edwards are available here? https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/king-edward-imperial-american-cigars

It also seems that lots of miniatures have been discontinued, shame!

Edited by sandspider

Thanks all, some options to look into :good:

I did try the CC blue, and was disappointed - they weren't as smooth as I was hoping. Though apparently they improve with keeping...

Seems like (one type of) King Edwards are available here? https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/king-edward-imperial-american-cigars

It also seems that lots of miniatures have been discontinued, shame!

From my experience over 20 years ago mind! The King Edward Imperials were a nice, smooth, mild US made cigar suitable for the newcomer to cigar smoking.....I didnt think you could still get them though? But it seems maybe you can?.........I also heard the King Edward Invincibles were unobtainable now too? Edited by panoma1

i havent smoked cigs for around 16 months now (and im not missing it because i have my vape) , but id give my right testicle for a king edward right now. :yes: .

I'm a vaper too, but I rarely get any pangs for a smoke now

I'm a vaper too, but I rarely get any pangs for a smoke now

It's not that often that I get the urge for a fag these days ,but ,I keep getting drawn back to this thread ,and I'm starting to convince myself that a single cigar wouldn't hurt me. I won't do it though ,I know only too well that one cigar will lead to 60 fags a day again within weeks.