Fac rapid 7

foxnet22

Having looking in to a fac rated airgun I've decide the theoben rapid would suit my needs as is a proven workhorse so Im lead to believe. Any rapid owners on the forum who like to give any advise ie barrel length and moderators pellet size buddy bottles etc .also any recommendations on gunsmiths to maybe purchase a tuned rifle from .

A mk1 rapid with 24inch barrel will give you about 100 shots @ 28ft lb in .22 from a 400cc buddy bottle if properly set up. Will be slightly less with a 19 inch barrel. Mk2 with reg should give more shots per charge. They're a good workhorse, solid engineering, but a bit agricultural compared to modern pre-charged. Built to last though.

Ben Taylor fit a reg. to my Mk1 and with a 16" barrel I get about 90 shots at 26ft/lb from a 210 psi charge in a 400cc bottle. Kev G has also passed an eye over the internals. It does all I want from an air rifle and has done for years. JSB Exact 16g in 5.52 are my pellet of choice.

Edited by Velocette

Thanks for the advise fellas .does anyone have contact details for kev g is he a member of the watch. ?

Have a look on Rapid7 owners forum. Kev G is on there. Bigals knows his stuff as well. All you need to know about Rapids on the forum with plenty of members to give advice.

I have just placed my Mk 2 FAC in the RFD for sale but not because anything was wrong with the gun. They are superb, I had a 16'' barrel with a 400cc bottle giving me around 60 shots at 29fpe. I tried a number of pellets and found Air Arms Field Heavy at 18gr gave pellet on pellet performance.

I also have an FX Impact .25 FAC, 48fpe, which is just fantastic, hence the sale of my Rapid. The FX is quite expensive buy they are a bit special and a joy to use if you can afford the extra, try one.

Phil

Edited by philpotttt

I have just placed my Mk 2 FAC in the RFD for sale but not because anything was wrong with the gun. They are superb, I had a 16'' barrel with a 400cc bottle giving me around 60 shots at 29fpe. I tried a number of pellets and found Air Arms Field Heavy at 18gr gave pellet on pellet performance.

I also have an FX Impact .25 FAC, 48fpe, which is just fantastic, hence the sale of my Rapid. The FX is quite expensive buy they are a bit special and a joy to use if you can afford the extra, try one.

Phil

Is the power adjustable on the Impact Phil?