Scopes

Magpies are gay

If u had a underlever,and 12ft pound! Would you have!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If u had a underlever,and 12ft pound! Would you have!

• Hawke Air Max 6-18X44 AO
    • Hawke Varmint 8-32X42 AO
    • Hawke Eclipe 4-16X50 AO (if its spring rated(not sure!))

Yeah i agree if you are going to get a rifle but there was no mention of that, i don't agree though with you shooting from over 40 yards away with 12ft/lbs, where is the skill envolved?what i like asbout shooting with an airrifle is actually stlking it instead of going somewhere standing miles off and shooting it. As Matt mentioned he keeps his on 6x, as Red does as well i thinks.

But if you are going to get a .22 or whatever i can understand. i still don't think you need as much as some as those scopes were even for a rifle. :lol: just my opinion though.

Here here BD,

MAG, you dont need super power zoom HONEST!!!!!

You will shoot less with the scope whacked up to 24x, as you will realise how much you will wobble, and spend all day faffing around trying to correct your self. Your not exactly shooting feild target here are you? Using less zoom will make you a much better air rifle shot. Who gives a rats **** that you can shoot a squirrel at 40yds with 600x zoom. I rarely take anything over about 15yds. Ok so I scare some off, but its made me a hell of a better stalker and more proud of the ones I do shoot.

Sorry to be frank MAG. No offence ment, but you were going off far from what you need. Zoom on airguns (espchally springers) is a bit of a gimmic. You really only do need a 4x32 or the like, but dont go about 6x. You save yourself money!!!!

Ok here's my take on it.

i have a 6~24x42 on my rifle, i use the high mag(12x upwards) for range finding when Static shooting or bunny sniping. then wind it down to 6x for any stalking that i do.

it is true that you dont need a high mag scope to be sucessful in the field, my mate swears by his 1.5~5x20 for hunting and gets bags of equal size to me( sometimes more)

a good tip is to PRACTISE shooting at all ranges on a lower mag making sure that you can consistently put each pellet into a circle the size of a 2p piece, and only use the higher mag if u are unsure about shot placement, dont forget though buy winding up the mag your Point Of Aim will change ie.

if using a mildot scope and on say 6x mag 1mildot holdover=35yards, then on say 12x mag at the same distance the POA might then be 2mildots hold over, etc etc

HTH Nickc

Hi Nick C,

If your scope is changing POI by winding the magnification up or down, it surely isn´t a good scope at all. It should stay dead on at any time. Now, I could be bad and say that the scope should be trashed, but I will not do that. Instead I will just say that buying quality scopes first time will hold you troublefree and make your shooting a pure joy.

And I just think that people always should be aware of this.

Personaly, I never have had any problems with my NightForce NXS scope.

Cheers - Bolta

Hi,

Maybe I am advertising about NightForce NXS scopes and other high quality scopes. But that is because many of you airgunners, not all, but many of you either have troubles finding a new scope that suits you or these low price, low quality scopes are in most cases filled with troubles, like in Nick´s case.

In my opinion, finding a excellent airgun system that suits you can take some time and considerations. But looking into the matter it will surely in the end make you happy about your purchase - if you can find that right one for you !

Many of you would problaly say now, that is h*** a lot of money for a scope. Yes, it is right here - right now, BUT if that scope could hold your lifetime out and you are very satisfied with the scope performance in that time - is that not worth the money ?

How many of you will in a lifetime buy a lot of scopes and not be completely satisfied with the scope performance ?

This is my second scope and with this purchase I can´t see that I need to buy any other scopes, unless I need a special scope like a FT rangefinding scope.

By the way, the scope is a 3.5-15x56mm with a NPR2 reticle and I have paid on the wrong side of £1000 for this scope.

Be aware, that not ANY high quality, high price centrefire rifle scopes can be used on airguns. A lot of investigation have do be done here to ensure you that you can use these scopes on airguns.

Cheers - Bolta.

Hi Red_stag88,

Just for your information, if you not already are aware of it. The NF NXS can be used on both a centrefire rifle and an airgun, even the most powerful springer. You having a scope that can handle it all in one package.

Of course, putting such an expensive scope on cheap chinese springer that you use for backyard shooting do not make any form for sence at all. It should be put on a "decently" airgun for full enjoyment.

One of my reasons for buying this scope were that I needed a scope that I could really rely on, even for close ranges within 30 yards. I have found in my search for a perfect scope, that many airgun scopes can´t be trusted. They all just failed someway and I personal can not live with such a scope.

Cheers - Bolta