Photography

Not posted in a while but here are two from recent weeks.

Both were taken on the Canon 6D (full frame).

The web was taken using the Canon EF 400mm f5.6 L lens.

The landscape was taken using the Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens using a Lee 10 stop ND filter and a Lee 0.6 stop graduation filter. Around 70 seconds for those interested.

Dave :good:

C26844F7-E6CE-4B57-A14C-6965E34C0C83_zps

E758D3A0-B9D8-4C40-BF0C-D0E587894CE5_zps

Hi Billy,

400 is indeed long for a cobweb haha! It was taken whilst waiting for a Barn Owl to appear again - the light and the web caught my eye and I thought I'd see how it'd work out; needless to say I was happy with the result.

By 70 seconds, I mean a 70 second exposure - which makes all things moving during that time, become a blur; so in this instance, the clouds. It can add a nice effect to landscape shots and is particularly useful for water, as can be seen on one of my previous posts.

10 stops is a lot for low light. My girlfriend and I had been out and about and I was just playing around really at the time. I did increase the ISO from 50 to 100 to brighten the image up a bit and increased the exposure time too. A 5 stop ND would probably have been better in this particular case, however with a bit of editing in Lightroom I was able to equal out the exposure to make the above image.

Thanks for viewing,

Edited by WinchesterDave

Hi Billy,

400 is indeed long for a cobweb haha! It was taken whilst waiting for a Barn Owl to appear again - the light and the web caught my eye and I thought I'd see how it'd work out; needless to say I was happy with the result.

By 70 seconds, I mean a 70 second exposure - which makes all things moving during that time, become a blur; so in this instance, the clouds. It can add a nice effect to landscape shots and is particularly useful for water, as can be seen on one of my previous posts.

10 stops is a lot for low light. My girlfriend and I had been out and about and I was just playing around really at the time. I did increase the ISO from 50 to 100 to brighten the image up a bit and increased the exposure time too. A 5 stop ND would probably have been better in this particular case, however with a bit of editing in Lightroom I was able to equal out the exposure to make the above image.

Thanks for viewing,

Hi Dave, you'd clearly caught my message before I'd edited/removed it!

I was asking about the 70 seconds as it didn't make sense and then noticed the clouds had a blur. The ND filter and 70 seconds then made sense, so I removed that comment!

Interesting means of photography and I'll have a go at something similar.

Great pics again fela!!! Photographer i supply skulls wings feet bodies n bits of critters to for a photo series/project entered them in to and got accepted for the current series of Sky Arts Masters of photography. She's doing well! Be interested to hear what the photographers and you guys on there think of them and the show?? Episode 7 on sky arts tonight. She's in with a shout of the 150,000e prise!!!

ATB N.B

Hi Dave, you'd clearly caught my message before I'd edited/removed it!

I was asking about the 70 seconds as it didn't make sense and then noticed the clouds had a blur. The ND filter and 70 seconds then made sense, so I removed that comment!

Interesting means of photography and I'll have a go at something similar.

Ahh, apologies!

Yes, it is fun and adds drama/atmosphere to the image :good:

Dave

Great pics again fela!!! Photographer i supply skulls wings feet bodies n bits of critters to for a photo series/project entered them in to and got accepted for the current series of Sky Arts Masters of photography. She's doing well! Be interested to hear what the photographers and you guys on there think of them and the show?? Episode 7 on sky arts tonight. She's in with a shout of the 150,000e prise!!!

ATB N.B

Cheers!

Yes, I've seen a few episodes, I quite enjoy them. A bit like master chef, but witha camera lol!!

I think I've got the series recorded I shall certainly look out for them.

Dave

Ahh, apologies!

Yes, it is fun and adds drama/atmosphere to the image :good:

Dave

Cheers!

Yes, I've seen a few episodes, I quite enjoy them. A bit like master chef, but witha camera lol!!

I think I've got the series recorded I shall certainly look out for them.

Dave

Bit more interesting than Bake off or master chef tho. Lol.

Yeah. Have a look mate. It's been interesting! Made by Italian production company and Oliviero Toscani one of the judges so wasn't easy! Lol. Sponsored by Leica, who's equipment they had to use! Very! Very!! expensive kit!!!! Also been big fuss in the photo/journalist press about one of the other Brit contestants stealing copying and using other famous photographers work. Lot of pressure trying to get the pics you want in random countries and locations while being filmed with time/language restrictions. She has made it through to next weeks final tho!!!

Amazing! And that there's been so much interest in pics of by products of our sport and critters we find in the field. Many not even knowing what they are looking at. Has lead to some great interesting conversations about photography/production, shooting, countryside, farming, pest control, nature, conservation, eating wild food and using there remains. Any awareness and promotion of how shooting is involved and can benefit nature and conservation can't be a bad thing!

ATB N.B