Need a game dealer quickly...in/near Shropshire

Our local game dealer (Willo/Midshires) has stopped taking game (think in administration??). I have a freezer nearly full and the harvest is about to start. I have searched on the internet but can find no game dealer anywhere near me. Anyone know of a dealer anywhere in the west midlands???

Met another pigeon shooter whilst loading the car with kit this morning. Very nice bloke, shooting nearby but not too close if you know what I mean! ... not a PW member so advised him to have a look at this site. He delivered to Mid-shires this week so they must be back in business, but not answering the phone and no answer machine on.

Conundrums and conundrums.

Outlets for pigeons are getting few and far between. One round here has stopped taking them as he hasn't been paid by the next man up the chain (he is owed £20,000). Another says he has no more capacity. Yet another offered me 10p/bird.

Thankfully I have found someone who will take all I shoot (which won't be many) and that along with a couple of pubs I supply should be sufficient for my needs.

Pigeon shooters need to be more inventive with their sales techniques and try differing outlets otherwise there will be a lot of dumped birds and if the general public sees that there will be a back lash of that there is no doubt. The stories about pheasants being dumped in holes in the ground are in my opinion apocryphal but we must not let complacency give the antis a way in to our sport.

I completley agree JDog, finding alternative outlets is tricky though.

It is illegal for many butchers to take feathered birds onto the premises and supplying prepared birds needs a licence.

I didn't know that, never thought about it.

Sam the butchers in Eccleshall take pigeon. 100 at a time i belive !

Sadly not rabbit though. No seems to want them ! Going to give the next large planned bag of bunnys away to a zoo just so they arent waisted on a pest control job am doing.

Sounds like a good way to go, hope you get a family pass out of it.

Sam the butchers in Eccleshall take pigeon. 100 at a time i belive !

Sadly not rabbit though. No seems to want them ! Going to give the next large planned bag of bunnys away to a zoo just so they arent waisted on a pest control job am doing.

Where are based salop sniper , I need as many rabbits as I can get my hands on :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Game buying business is going change a lot in the next few years.

Many shoots this year are not being paid for their birds. Its down to such high % of badly shot or bad grade birds which cant be used easily.

It might well part of the problem , but I think it down to supply and demand , as more birds are put down , more end up at the game dealers and each year they have still got stock from last year or even longer , resulting in cold stores already overflowing before the coming season starts .