Sword sticks and the law

Twistedsanity

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would receive the full weight of the law and rightly so. Offensive weapon I would guess.

As guzzicat says for what reason would anyone want or need yo carry one in public. I am that scared of mine its locked in the gunroom.

Ye gods; when oh when is this nation going to regrow its balls!

They were designed for a reason and quite 'normal' people carried them for a specific reason.

Why oh why have law abiding people grown to live in fear of actually protecting themselves or thinking that to do so is abnormal?!

I despair at times, I really do.

They were designed for a reason and quite 'normal' people carried them for a specific reason.

Why oh why have law abiding people grown to live in fear of actually protecting themselves or thinking that to do so is abnormal?!

Lol! Sad but true, I wasn't considering carrying one although I am looking to buy one, the ones I have seen haven't had live blades just a "pointy end to stick em with" which is why I wondered which legislation they fell under, quote fancy a walking stick gun as well :-)

You can only legally own or trade in genuine antique sword sticks and they must not be taken into public places. Obviously transporting one home securely packaged would not (one would assume) be classed as carrying in a public place

So your advocating we all arm ourselves with concealed weapons 😞

50+ years of indoctrination to override the natural desire to preserve ones own life at all costs has taken its toll! :rolleyes:

Here is the CPS sentencing guide for knife type offences;

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/offensive_weapons_knives_bladed_and_pointed_articles/

Its a walking stick, the handle has a stiletoe blade which is hidden inside the hollowed out stick bit. It was used by gentry as a concealed defensive weapon couple of hundred years ago.

oh bloody hell,who would be karting something like that around? i though it was a stick you use in martial arts as sort of long bamboo thing.

Its a walking stick, the handle has a stiletoe blade which is hidden inside the hollowed out stick bit. It was used by gentry as a concealed defensive weapon couple of hundred years ago.

This ^^^^^^^^

And very useful for cutting brambles on overgrown footpaths when walking dogs

It's merely a blade inside a scabbard that doubles as a walking stick

All the best

Of

50+ years of indoctrination to override the natural desire to preserve ones own life at all costs has taken its toll! :rolleyes:

Here is the CPS sentencing guide for knife type offences;

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/offensive_weapons_knives_bladed_and_pointed_articles/

That was my.point if you'll excuse the pun, is it a knife type weapon under.the law as the blade doesn't have an edge? Or.just an offensive weapon.such as a golf club or baseball bat if carried in public?

oh bloody hell,who would be karting something like that around? i though it was a stick you use in martial arts as sort of long bamboo thing.

Exactly, try explaining having one in public to Mr plod 😞

I used to fence so have an interest in swords, I have an antique one that my father in law gave me. Its a nasty looking bit of kit I can assure you.

Remember the law is not blade/edge specific, but refers to an article with a blade or point.

That was my.point if you'll excuse the pun, is it a knife type weapon under.the law as the blade doesn't have an edge? Or.just an offensive weapon.such as a golf club or baseball bat if carried in public?

There is no difference in law but if it makes you feel better there's this coverall section in the guidelines

Bought one off a bloke many years ago,it had 3 edges on the blade,and a very sharp point I might add..

He had a drop down 22 as well but would not sell it..

The blade when pulled out was about 3ft long,covered in black grease,made in france stamped on it..

When I moved Some lowlife stole it out my car,the boot was open while taking bits and bobs in..

Often wondered who it was..

Interesting pieces none the less.