game with a trap gun

ips

IPS

Trap gun, sporter, field, wildfowling - nearly all differences are cosmetic/human preferences, at the end of the day they all do the same thing.

The birds don't care which gun you shoot them with - go with the one that fits you best and that seems to be the DT10.

IPS

Trap gun, sporter, field, wildfowling - nearly all differences are cosmetic/human preferences, at the end of the day they all do the same thing.

The birds don't care which gun you shoot them with - go with the one that fits you best and that seems to be the DT10.

I suspect you are correct stonepark

Dave Carrie basically shoots high pheasant with a trap gun.........

BUT, he is NOT on a walk one stand one shoot !

ips,

You already HAVE the best tool for the job (so to speak). You have a nice EELL game gun that I have seen you shoot well with, what more do you want ?

As for double triggers, you will NEVER get used to them whilst the gun that has them, sits in your cabinet !

Edited by Westley

BUT, he is NOT on a walk one stand one shoot !

ips,

You already HAVE the best tool for the job (so to speak). You have a nice EELL game gun that I have seen you shoot well with, what more do you want ?

As for double triggers, you will NEVER get used to them whilst the gun that has them, sits in your cabinet !

Fair point Westley 👍

I did shoot well with the 687 last time we were out 👍

Went to Coniston this morning was going to try the DT but got it out the cabinet and boy did it feel HEAVY.

So shot the 687. I am a lot happier with the 687 after having fitted a 4mm comb raiser (looks flaming awful though) and a Beretta gel butt pad thing in place of the very nice looking but very slippy wooden job.

I shot 100 various driven targets off the high tower and was jolly pleased with the performance 😊 gun feels much better 👍

Yep, same as me mate, they are very low in the comb at least my game version is. I tried a bit more length but decided it was too much but the rubber pad has put maybe 1/4" on and I am now happy with the fit. I just don't like the look of the comb raiser which is similar to yours. What make is your comb raiser?

home made, like the spacer, black ethafoam from Hobbycraft, just had some around, cut to something like a shape with scissors then stuck on with double sided tape.

if you look closer the edges are a bit erratic

I'm happy as long as it shoots where I point, what gets shot won't care what the gun looks like, I don't

IPS,

It really doesn't matter which gun you use , you miss with anything .

Don't worry about the Trap gun being too tightly choked and unnecessarily damaging birds as Eze will run in as usual and peg unshot birds so no one will ever know .

That's about all that needs to be said really .

IPS,

It really doesn't matter which gun you use , you miss with anything .

Don't worry about the Trap gun being too tightly choked and unnecessarily damaging birds as Eze will run in as usual and peg unshot birds so no one will ever know .

That's about all that needs to be said really .

Ouch 😉