Guide to Posting Photos

Danger-Mouse

With Photobucket's recent change of policy regarding third party posting of images an alternative is needed and as at least one member has asked for a guide . . . well here it is.

First make an account at www.imgbb.com

It's another free image hosting site very similar to PB.

Once your account is verified (via email) you should have access to a page like this

7a81bf935626f5c9af0ecb21f785e3da.png

In the top right corner next to your username you can see "Upload" click that and it takes you to this page

b51b8069410085e6c120532208fa63a7.png

Now click to "browse from your computer" and it will open a file window. Select whichever file your images are in and then click on the image you wish to save to your imgbb account and you should see this page

170ad86db7284787d62bdeed067e67b1.png

Click "upload"

The page will show the upload progress until it reaches 100% when you will see this

83143ec063aecfcf13123b1ca89b4a2b.png

In the bottom left you can see a drop down menu marked "Embed codes"

Click that and select one of the BBCode options either "full linked", "medium linked", or "thumbnail linked" depending what size photo you wish to use. If you're unsure use "full linked" and if it is too big in your post you can edit the post, delete the link and select a different size.

Now simply copy the code that appears in the large box. If you place your mouse cursor on the box the "copy" option should appear. Cl;ick it and the box will briefly go yellow showing you have successfully copied the link.

Once your Pigeon Watch post is open right click your mouse and select "paste" and the code from the box should appear.

You won't be able to see the image until you click on "post" on PW.

Below are 3 images showing the different sizes full, medium and thumbnail.

niTDkPV.jpg

niTDkPV.jpg

niTDkPV.jpg

Hopefully that is a clear enough explanation. Feel free to ask if there is something I haven't made clear.

Maybe a mod will sticky this somewhere for future reference.

I cant seem to paste the thumbnail url into my profile pic from imgbb ??

Not something I've tried. Presuming you have the photo on your hard drive you should just be able to link it from there. Just hit browse when you're in your profile and select the image from the file on your PC.

Thanks

Darn it, pics too big and I don't know how to make it less mega doo dahs

Go to your album on imgbb, select the photo you want to use, click "embed codes" then select the top option "Image URL"

Copy that code and paste it into the section on PW then click "import"

Just tried it and it worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...