Container gardeners - your plant feed recommendations please

Mungler

So then, I started on Tommorite, then went to the Wilkos own brand / Tommorite copy and lastly I've been using the Richard Jackson flower power.

Does anyone use anything else?

What's the considered view on the best feed to give container plants (petunias, marigolds, roses etc).

I was just going to get some more of the Richard Jackson stuff because it's easy to measure / handle. But the price of the stuff has gone through the roof presumably because it's summer!

Cheers all.

My two neighbours are having a competition one is useing every thing from pound land seeds plants food the other one is useing the plants seeds and food from well known plant centre , they are growing every thing in containers guess shows winning winning third picking of peas , cumbers and courgettes and carrots are doing well the one from a well known is not doing so well he's gutted came in to my garden last night to look at the others pots and containers

Anything will do. I've used miricle grow when it first came out and it was very good. Now I don't think it's any better than other products. I found doff ok. Chempak ok. Most plants do ok with sunlight and water and a few nutrients from the ground they're in.

Used some wonder stuff in brown and gold container that worked well but was expensive. Iirc Aussie gold or some such name,

Edited by figgy

If you have a water butt...get some horse poop and fill a hessian sack and put it in the butt

WATER

I do the exact same. Its a giant tea bag. I add zinc and sulphates and magnesiums as well and let is brew for months. Nothing commercially will be better on the market !

Someone dumped a load of bags of compost at the end of our lane and i thought it was from hanging baskets so thought i might as well use it to fill a bed up, i have never seen plants grow so fast.

Talking to someone about a few months later and it turns out it was from a dope farm. Get the stuff they use its insane!