• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this another Harnser's Bunker?

Pics or it didn't happen!

Had it picked up by a friend this morning and been checking it out this evening.

Will figure out how to post pics shortly.

If anyone's kids love minions there is a great big poster on the side of the bus that will come off at some point.

And in answer to an earlier post: I paid a deposit having seen an advert on fb and then the balace today when it was collected.

My mate knows about these things and based on the hour or so it took him to drive it back he reckons it's "a good 'un".

Been messing about in it like a kid. Not driven it as it's in my mate's yard and not insured etc.

Will probably start another thread if/when I start work on it. Still undecided on what to do with it.

Edd

Will probably start another thread if/when I start work on it. Still undecided on what to do with it.

Edd

Get rid.

Shooting starts up again and no one wants to be ******* about on an old banger when the cold weather comes.

I am the master of ill advised eBay purchases (only bested by ME who got drunk and bought a Tuk Tuk last month and who has spent every weekend and a fair bit of wedge trying to get the thing to behave) and whatever you want / have planned there will be a done version or an alternative on eBay for less than you are about to commit to :lol:

I haven't even seen it to know you need to get it gone :lol:

Get rid.

Shooting starts up again and no one wants to be ******* about on an old banger when the cold weather comes.

I am the master of ill advised eBay purchases (only bested by ME who got drunk and bought a Tuk Tuk last month and who has spent every weekend and a fair bit of wedge trying to get the thing to behave) and whatever you want / have planned there will be a done version or an alternative on eBay for less than you are about to commit to :lol:

I haven't even seen it to know you need to get it gone :lol:

Boo!

Stop being a spoilsport!

We are going to have loads of fun one way or another.

Mrs Edd is still keen on a cafe. To me that just sounds like work and between 3 busy businesses, her full time job, an iminent house move, 2 dogs and a baby due in a couple of months I really don't think we need more work.

The bus is just for fun.

I fancy fitting it out as a camper more than any other idea but ultimately I'm sure she will make the final decision .

Anyone want to help with pics yet?

Edd

I don't really know what it's worth either Mung.

It seemed cheap and like it could be fun so I went for it.

Not really sure how "old fashioned" it is, more nasty '80's square type thing I'm guessing.

Just waiting on pics.

Edd

So.you brought a bus unseen with no photos or idea of its value on eBay when you were completely sober and have no idea what to do with it or where to put it? You either have too much money or an extremely understanding wife! Or both!

As has been said, no campsite will take a converted bus.

More to the point, if you value your time (and in particular your free time) you won't want to be spending it converting a bus into a camper van, when ebay is full of already done camping and holiday utility vehicles and trailers.

I reckon you should paint a rainbow on the side and give it to some hippies to take down to Stonehenge.

So.you brought a bus unseen with no photos or idea of its value on eBay when you were completely sober and have no idea what to do with it or where to put it? You either have too much money or an extremely understanding wife! Or both!

It was on fb not ebay and there were pictures. Like I said, it seemed like a good idea.

I paid a deposit straight away and my mate that collected checked it over before I paid the balace.

By that point I had give a little more thought to it (and posted on here) but still can't decide what to do with it.

I checked ebay after I had agreed to buy it. I don't think I got the bargain of the century but I think I could easily get my money back. Possibly even make a profit as it stands.

I have the ability to convert it and if I can get it into my yard it's easy to drop onto it for short periods while I should be in the office.

It is roadworthy and there is nothing (apart from some paperwork to be sorted) to stop my simply driving it around for a laugh. I sign writer friend will happily put adverts on it for my business as an advert for his.

Another friend owns pub/club and offers camping. He has provisionaly agreed to have it there if I want to convert to a "camper"

Mrs Edd still favours a cafe. I'm not encouraging that one.

I didn't pay loads for it, cheaper than a gun, and as the Mrs has ideas for it now she didn't need to be understanding.

Will look at photo sites later and add a few.

Edd

I knew a guy who lived in one for a number of years. He asked the local council if he could build a house on a small plot he owned and they refused, so he bought a double decker and parked it on there and as long as he moved it forwards or backwards a few yards every so often they couldn't do a thing about it.