Battery adapter

Lloyd90

I have just been today and bought some pigeon decoying gear off a fellow PW member and been lucky enough to get a rotary but I need a battery.

Now I have a Deben 12V 22ah lithium ion battery already for lamping so I'm assuming I can just this to power the rotary?

If so does anyone know if I can get adaptor to set it up. ATM it has one of those car cigarette lighter holes, I will need the tho wires (think red and blue) to connect to the rotary.

Red and Black wires to handle 12 volt at about 6 amp current should do , cigarette lighter plug red to the centre pin black to outer , all available from maplin electronics or flea b.

If the rotary goes the wrong way reverse the wire colours to the opposite connections.

Edited by deny essex

I use a 22ah lead sealed 12v and it's great, would probably last two days to be honest, heavy brute mind! Yours being lithium will great! I only used to get about 3hrs off my 7ah battery, crack on Lloyd!

Is there an adaptor to plug into the cigarette socket that then connects to the two wires on the magnet though?

"Normal" 12v 7ah batteries appear to just connect right up!

Lloyd, a 12v 7ampH would last you for hours. They are not expensive.

Unless it's one of the light weight rotary, most draw between 2 and 3amps per hour, a 7amp battery will last around 2.5hrs at best!!

Minimum I would say is 12amps and I would say more for a long days shooting.

Is there an adaptor to plug into the cigarette socket that then connects to the two wires on the magnet though?

No just a terminal at each end that the crocodile clips grab onto, looks like a car battery really, I'm not sure what your battery looks like, but power wise it's more than enough

"Normal" 12v 7ah batteries appear to just connect right up!

I've got a seven battery the same, have chopped a few leads up to use it on a lamp, night vision and my rotary.

Ended up buying a battery from Toolstation for about £18 as well, (got a habit of forgetting to charge them up!) works well on the rotary for an afternoon!

• 3 weeks later...