Pigeon activity on the first of the barley stubbles

A friend and I shot this field on Sunday and had a good days sport. As I was passing yesterday I had another look to see if it was still active and there was a lot of pigeons flying about and landing. Might have to shoot this field again soon :-)

Apologies for the shoddy camera work but this was shot on the phone in the car.

https://youtu.be/vFzOV_NjMrE

A friend and I shot this field on Sunday and had a good days sport. As I was passing yesterday I had another look to see if it was still active and there was a lot of pigeons flying about and landing. Might have to shoot this field again soon :-)

Apologies for the shoddy camera work but this was shot on the phone in the car.

https://youtu.be/vFzOV_NjMrE

hello, did they bale it to ? going to have a look on the farm tomorrow as they cut the barley at the weekend, even got off 2 lorry loads to the docks so i was told, who wants british barley ??

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if I should let the numbers build up and if I did do I risk having them move elsewhere if they were to find a tastier food source?

Whilst I know you want something to shoot at, is it not better to clear them out A.S.A.P for the farmer?

Or is he not too precious?

Whilst I know you want something to shoot at, is it not better to clear them out A.S.A.P for the farmer?

Or is he not too precious?

Why act too soon and shoot 10, when leaving it a few days might result in shooting 50?