express pigeon power

Guest cookoff013

Yep, they're labelled No 6s but they're 5s - at least according to their UK sales manager and the couple that I opened up.

ah, that old chesnut.

shells have nearly always been open to interpret. technically the 29 gram loads are actually a slightly out of spec ounce load, an ounce being 28.4 grams. or thereabouts.

while the tradition / standards of yesteryear have gone. there has always been one common denominator on what a good shell is.... and that is shot, lots of it and hard to boot.

sporting 36g loads may be uncommon now, as 32g loads get faster, but a 36g load of #6 and #5 at 1200fps, is a whole load of hitting power, at that speed, patterns too.

I was using game bore 32g 6's but found i was injuring a lot of birds, after pattern testing at 30 yards i found that the pattern was very poor, i tried the 29g 6 (pigeon power) and the pattern was loads better and consistent. I had not really done much with patterns before but a few guys on hear advised checking, im glad i did now ! much better results

ah, that old chesnut.

shells have nearly always been open to interpret. technically the 29 gram loads are actually a slightly out of spec ounce load, an ounce being 28.4 grams. or thereabouts.

while the tradition / standards of yesteryear have gone. there has always been one common denominator on what a good shell is.... and that is shot, lots of it and hard to boot.

sporting 36g loads may be uncommon now, as 32g loads get faster, but a 36g load of #6 and #5 at 1200fps, is a whole load of hitting power, at that speed, patterns too.

I've just shot a load of 36g 6s I found and was pleasantly surprised with them !